Thursday, July 02, 2009

Attack of the Plot Monkeys



Writing along on my wip last night, I had to skip back a few chapters to reference a plot point I couldn't quite remember. I quickly found what I needed, but in the process discovered a character I'd totally forgotten about. Hm. This person simply vanishes after chapter 6, never to be heard from again.

Hear that rustling, wing flapping sound? It's the plot monkeys. They carried this poor soul away to who only knows where. *_*

Every now and again that happens to me, and I'm reminded of an errant tourist who just can't seem to ignore the long suffering tour guide who intones at the beginning of every journey. "Stay on the path, follow the markers, and never, ever get separated from the group."
Anyone else notice there is always one - one single hardheaded dingbat that just can't help himself? He just has to disobey every one of those rules? Sometimes he drags his unlucky friend with him, but he's truly at his worst when he's by himself. Every instinct tells me he deserves to be plot monkey food, but of course, I know during revisions I'll go back and try to fish the fool out of the mire. (Because I have to.)

At any rate, the goal today is 2k. That will put me over the 60k mark. I just hope I don't get down the writing road and find that lost guy from Chapter 6 trapped in a closet somewhere. I can hear his whining, angry voice already: "Where the heck have you been? I've been locked in here for eight chapters. Were you even planning to let me out?"
*sigh*
That's all for now. Back to the tour for me. I hope you all have a happy Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Don't you hate when that happens? Better go find him. :-P And wow. 60k. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about that happening with other authors too. I think it strikes us all at some point. Good thing you found it/him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. plot monkeys??...gosh...guess who will not finde sleep tonight..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Isy. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found him, Leah, but now what to do with him. Hm. Maybe it's not too late to write something in with him at the ending??? *pondering*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the plot monkey nightmares, Danielle. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.