Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Mad Hatter

Yesterday (Lake Day) was a blast. If anyone is curious, I posted pictures of the adventure over on my Facebook. I wore lots of sunscreen, a rockin' straw hat, and managed to avoid turning lobster red.

When we got back, I decided to play around in the yarn cabinet. I found a super sized skein of Red Heart in "Gemstone" (variagated purple, blue, emerald, and deep magenta), and decided to make a beanie. Yes, yes, I realize it's summer, I understand it's 80 degrees in the shade and that it's only going to get hotter as August rolls in, but...well... I made a hat! Beware one and all. Especially friendz. If you receive a beanie from me this summer, instead of emailing or calling to question my sanity, just save it for cooler weather. Ok?

Onto writerly things....since I've had so much work out lately, I decided to contribute a prize to the Selena Blake's Summer Sizzlers giveaway.

I'm contributing a summer relaxation prize basket containing lotion, shower gel, and other goodies. All you have to do to enter is go here: http://site.selena-blake.com/summer-sampler-contest/ and fill out the form. Easy peasy! There are 19 other prizes available: ebooks and print editions, tshirts and more, so be sure to sign up!

That's it for me today! I've got to make a dash to my mommy's house. I'm giving her a hat! No, no, I'm kidding. LOL I'm actually giving her a bottle of Curious perfume. Everytime I wear it she comments how good it smells, so I bought a bottle for her. Since hubby's home, I can visit her kidlet free. Prepare for lots of girl talk. ;0)

Oh! BTW, wanna see my tattoo? Ok, one of my tattoos? I've had it since I was 17, and it's on display over at Alison Tyler's blog.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. OOOOH!

    I love your hat!!

    Here is western NY(where we nearly had a frost Sunday night) hats are never out of season! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, those are called touques (or toques) up here in Canada. (pronounced two-k) And they're VERY welcome from October through ... well, even today we could have used one, it's been cold lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you just up and made that beanie???? am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, JM!

    My mom saw it and asked me to make a black and white one for her. Of course, we'll have to wait until probably November to wear them, but it will give me plenty of practice time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah, how cool! I haven't heard of toques before! I love little bits of info like that. :D

    Out here in our neck of the woods, lol, we actually call 'em tobogans rather than beanies, but every pattern I looked up on the net had them listed as beanies. Now I wonder what part of the country calls them beanies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Robin! I've made afghans and scarves before, but this is my first hat. :*)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.