Monday, June 29, 2009

A Good Day To Write

Starfish



Happy Monday, everyone. I'd hoped to blog earlier today, but here it is almost 2:30pm and I'm just now getting around to it. Better late than never!

It's been a good, if busy day. I sorted through all my emails before I ever got around to coffee (I'm thinking that was a good idea), then I worked on a few projects for the Midnight Moon Cafe, added a scene to my wip, and managed to work my way through a migrane. All this, and still managed to get the Minibeast down for a nap. *victory dance*

So I'm glad today has been productive, because for the past few days... well, I haven't been very productive at all. There are so many good writing calls going on right now, and I'd love to be a part of them - it's really nagging me to go for one of them - but I'm resisting temptation and staying focused on this full length. I realize I have to if I'm ever going to get it finished.

As of this afternoon, I'm at roughly 54k, which is about 208 pages in. Now that I'm over the 200 page mark, finishing the book kinda feels doable. I can't even begin to say what a relief that is. Hubster is off work for the next few days while his shift rotates, so I'm hoping to get in a couple thousand words here and there. Wish me luck!

I'm off for now. I hope you all have a jazzy day!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being so far along with the full length WIP! That's fantastic progress. Keep it up. I knew you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Isy. *hugs* I'm up late trying to break the 55k mark. It's been hard to find five minutes to get any writing done the past few days.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.