Monday, June 01, 2009

Gazed Along the Open Road

This is hubster's day off, so after the guys are back from taking the lawn mower to ER, we're heading off to the lake.

There's a short story I need to polish today, but aside from that, all my current short projects are written. So I guess that means I'll have to focus on the full length since there isn't another story laying around for me to use as a procrastination tool. Hm.

I thought about taking the short story to the lake with me for a little red penning, but the first step is in admitting I have a problem. It won't kill me to leave it alone for one day. Lake day is kidlet day, and the first order of business really needs to be sandcastle building with Minibeast. Not that I'll be ignoring Oldest, but I'm sure he'll be getting his pimp on with the lake chicks, and omg, I don't want to bear witness. Teenage boys.... *forehead smack*

So it's top down day on the Jeep. Fun in the sun, and freckle collecting and all that. I better hop-to and drag out the sunscreen and my trusty beach bag. I hope you all have a snazzy Monday.




Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin

6 comments:

  1. A day at the lake sounds awesome. Enjoy it! Leave the red penning for home. ;) A day off does the muse good. Take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. the joy of freckles. My daughter and I end up with a spray of them over our noses every summer.

    Enjoy your time away from the stories. I'm on a mini hiatus, too, trying to shift focus and see if anything else falls into focus. *sigh* So far, lots of quilting getting done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Isabelle! I'm so happy to hear from you. Peanut is adorable!

    I took pics at the beach and so did hubby. If you get a chance drop by facebook and hit my profile - I posted them all over there because it's easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, have fun quilting, AE. I love quilts, but never have the patience to make anything beautiful. You'll have to post pics when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ::waves hello:: That's all you get cause I am jealous of your lake day. :P

    I am busy straddling tasks and honey, none of them involve the horizontal bop! LOL.

    I wish a good-looking man would come sweep me off my feet to the lake or beach, or somewhere fun.

    Oh, that bit about the man, I meant of course, Bear. rofl. Yeah, that's right. That's the ticket. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Cass...did you see my lake day pictures. I gotta send you some if you didn't. We had a blast, and I'm happy to say I didn't get half as crispy fried as I thought I would. Yay for 50 spf!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.