Thursday, June 18, 2009

Counting the Minutes Until Friday

Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps. After this morning's events, I could go on for pages with a rant that could curl toes and possibly singe eyelashes, but at the moment, I'm drinking tea with honey and trying to get my crap together.

I don't know what happened, or where the day went, but I looked up and was shocked to discover it's well after 2 o'clock. By this point I thought I'd be dressed and at the store, but now I'll have to waiting until after 4 before leaving the house. Gotta be nearby to wake up the hubster so he won't be late for work.

On a brighter note, I reached the 140 page mark on the wip this morning. I'm almost to the 40k mark now, too. Woot! That's roughly the middle of the book, since 80-90k is the ballpark I'm trying to hit with this thing. Honestly, I'm less concerned about the endgame figures, as long as the characters hit all the important events required to make the book work, and that it all winds down in a satisfying way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

Last night I finally discovered a seed of romance going on in the wip. Good Pete, but it took me long enough to find it! Now to cultivate it a bit. I was beginning to think this thing would end up an urban fantasy/horror, but finally it seems the hero has come out of his sensory coma. :P

I'm trying to churn out at least 2k words by tonight, but Mini will be home later and I imagine he'll want some play time with Mimi. So back to work for me while I have the chance. I've put in 800 already, so I'm off to go see if I can turn out the other 1200.

Have a good Thursday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thank the stars for that! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit 40K today too Cora - what a great feeling. (I know you're going to overhaul me by next week, despite kiddies and everything. Wah, I'm just slow.) Have good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on the 40k, Janine! Now that I've reached that point, I actually feel like my book might be finishable, lol. :*) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^