Sunday, June 07, 2009

♥s and Rainbows

I'm teetering on the brink of that 20k weekend word goal with my wip this morning. Only a few hundred words to go, and I'll have that milestone behind me. After this blog post, I'm scarpering over to Dr. Wicked's Lab for an hour or so to get in my word count. Wish me luck!

Yesterday I raked in 4k, but today I have to do a read-thru on the Wave Rider edits, and clean up at least one page of the short story I have sitting on my desk. After that I can rest on my laurels and watch the clouds go by. And I plan to.

Hubby is off work tomorrow, so I want to get as much done as possible today. That way we can sit around and stare at each other from sun up to sun down if we want to. Know what I mean?

So there you have it. All the glam and excitement going on here. I think I'm gonna pour another cuppa coffee, then I'm off to start my hot date with Dr. Wicked. Happy Sunday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go on the word count! Sounds like laurel resting is in order. ^_^ I read Evernight this weekend, by Claudia Gray. Not bad, but not an "OMG I have to read it again. Where's the sequel?? I must have it!" kind of book. But, on the flip side, though it was YA and vampire-ish, there was no where near the amount of inner monologue/whining in Twilight, so on that level it's an Epic Win. *_*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Evernight. Will have to look it up! I did some bookshopping online the other day and was very tempted to pick up Marianne Mancusi's Gamer Girl, but I have a short attention span when it comes to YA. Have you or the daughter read that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound familiar. But we girly peoples aren't gamers, so we probably wouldn't have looked at the title twice. -_- I'll check it out when we go to the bookstore next.

    I like to read YA for escapism. Have you read the House of Night series? My fave since I've started reading YA, it has a great level of personality in the main character, has many pagan/wiccan aspects and a unique twist on vampires that doesn't include sparkly vampires... And Evermore by Alyson Noel is way awesome, many metaphysical aspects...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of the House of Night Series. Is that the one with Anya Bast and her daughter? I'll have to check it on BN.com and see.

    I saw one of Anya Bast/daughter books in town and was tempted to pick it up, but didn't. I've got a TBR stack from hell in my room right now, and darn it if I'm not twitching to get my hands of Dark Curse (Christine Feehan). Foo, but they still haven't stocked it locally!

    BTW, I think I want to be a sparkly vampire. Just not with that whole blood drinking thing. And I promise not to talk about Edw-- oops. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^