Friday, May 08, 2009

Man Candy with Splenda Frosting

Woot! It's Friday! That should be the headline of the day. Just that it's Friday. Screw the financial news. Forget what's going on in the rest of the world, just stop the presses, it's effing Friday.

The man-candy picture is for inspiration. (Callum Keith Rennie in Tin Man) It's kind of a motivational tactic to make me revise a little faster - yeah, right. I'm on the final chapter of the summer menage wip, and if I can just get this thing penned up right and proper, I plan to reward myself with a bit of lounge time on the couch with a cuppa tea and Caprica on DVD.

I bought the vid many, many days ago, and I've even put it in to watch twice, but something has always come up that stopped me from watching it. Now, it's my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Completed manuscript = promise of uninterrupted TV time.

How do I know it will be uninterrupted TV time? Because I will call all immediately family to let them know I'm busy, and threaten any bystanders with bodily harm. Sad, I know. But it's the only way.

Today, while running errands, I picked up a gift for my mom for Mother's Day. I bought her a quilt set for her bed. It's a double wedding ring set in shades of pale denim blue and lavender on a white background. Very pretty. I also bought her a card, and b-day card for Dad. Tomorrow I'll be busy baking the cupcakes and cheesecake.

Oh yeah, speaking of cakes.... I think I finally found a good recipe for splenda frosting too. It uses shortening in it, so I think it will probably have the creamy texture I'm hoping for. I don't want anything too dry, and a big NO to runny, glaze like pudding base frosting. Ick. If it works up well, I'll share the heavily modified CZ version of the recipe here on the blog. That way if anyone else needs a sugar free frosting recipe it'll be on tap. LOL

So that has been my day. Mostly calm. Mostly uneventful. Now I must get back to my girl pimp story. I think I'm gonna do a print up and step away from the comp for a while. At any rate, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. And in case I don't post again before the fact, to whom it may apply - I hope you have a very happy Mother's Day.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you too, Cora!

    You just reminded me I was going to watch a movie tonight. What an interesting reason to drag my ass away from the computer, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good day. My Friday was hectic, as usual, with teens ina dn out of the house and camper all night. *sigh*

    Happy Mother's Day, CZ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Emerald! I hope you enjoyed your movie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to you too, Ann! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^