Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Erotic Flash and No More Rain



It's been a busy morning, but I've gotten a lot accomplished. I managed to work my way through the 2nd round of vampire edits, and after I sent them off, I took Mini outside for a while before the day turns hot. I tell ya, I'm so glad we're finally getting some sun. It's pretty and bright out there today. Nothing quite says full of suck like a week of never ending rain. Er, except maybe two weeks of never ending rain. I'll let you be the judge.

While outside with the Minibeast, I outlined a new menage story. I don't think I'm quite ready to start on it yet. Think I'll just keep layering ideas on paper until I have something more solid.

Here's a bit of erotic flash I did for AT's blog. The object of the game was to write a 250 word story using the ❤ symbol. It sounded like much fun so I gave it a try. This was my entry:

:: When I'm With You I ❤ ::


I ❤ the salt of your skin. The taste of you is like a sampling of sunlight falling through the bedroom window.

Shadows from the blinds ripple over your back as you thrust deep, and I dig in my heels, lift up to meet you, rake my nails across your damp skin.

You trace your tongue along my throat and I shiver, goose bumps chasing over me. My nipples harden, and when you notice, you moan low in your throat.

I ❤ the sounds you make, and the thundering beat of your ❤. You race with me, tense and determined, and when you come, your body shaking in release, I cry out with you.

I ❤ the sound of your breathing while you’re lying next to me, basking in the afterglow. There’s stillness now. No words. And yet, I ❤ you. Don’t you know that? Can’t you feel it?

* * *
It's simple, but I like it. Very me. I think it even got a vote or two. I gotta tell you, nothing quite gives me that "get to the meat and bones of it" practice quite like writing word-counted flash. I've learned a lot from trying a few of these. Give it a shot and see what you think.

Speaking of writing exercises, I know I haven't turned in a WAG lately. I've had a few searches for it here on the blog, and I'm terribly sorry there hasn't been anything recent. I got too bogged down in work there for a while to participate.

I'm going to try to get around to the latest WAG this weekend. I think the current topic is "memory lane". Sounds like an interesting project. *rubs hands together*

Moonlight and Shadows will be available this Friday over at www.cobblestone-press.com . Unless something comes up that prevents it, I'll also be attending the Friday night chat in the Cobblestone Press chatroom. Feel free to pop in and say hello if you have a few minutes to spare.

That's it for now. I think I'm going to crawl under the dining room table with Mini and color for a while. I hope you all have a happy Wednesday! ~_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^