Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Day in the Sun

funny pictures of cats with captions



First thing this morning, Mini took a flying leap onto my back from the toddler bed. "Mimi, I want to go to the playground!" *_*

The guys completed the swing set yesterday, and the minute they'd picked up all the tools and stuff from the back yard, I woke Mini up from his nap to take him out there. I gotta admit it made me extremely nervous watching him climb up the ladder to the club/house - slide area. Yeah, yeah, I'm a mother hen. Whatever. While hubby watched him play, I dragged his turtle sand box around there along with the iron chair. The Iron Chair - sounds like a torture device doesn't it? It is. Torture for your ass. The most uncomfortable effing lawn chair in existence - of course it would be ours. At any rate, the back yard is now set. And we are all sunburnt.

I promised Mini I'd take him out there after I've had a few cups of coffee. He pouted on me at first, because he really wanted me to just throw on shoes and just go straight out there. Arg. Cooffeee.

Of course I'm going to take him out there, but I'm taking the laptop with me when I go. Maybe the change of scenery will do me some good. My hero, Lew, has been rather reluctant to tell his mysterious mystery of a secret to his new lady. Come on, man, just tell her already. *twitches and dies*

Speaking of laptops and writerly things - I found out last night Rekindled Fire is currently #5 on Ravenous Romance's best seller list. Woot!

That's it for me. I'm being officially summoned to the backyard,. and there will be civil unrest until I go. Now where did I put my sunglasses?

Happy Thursday, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. We had a swing set for our kids. The bench swing felt wrong to me from the moment we put it up. Months later, Kat toddled in front of it and got clipped in the head when her brother swung it. *heart falls into feet* She was fine, but I never got over the sight. So, don't feel guilty about being a mother hen, hun.

    Congrats on the top ten-ness for the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I would have fainted. *_* Remember those old sets with the teeter totter. I caught one of those in the chin once - damn cousins. Ah, the joys of youth!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^