Thursday, May 07, 2009

Crazy Thursday

funny pictures of cats with captions


Today is crunch day. I have one chapter left to revise on my summer wip, and I swear I could do a little disco move I'm so thrilled about that. I've noticed it usually takes me about 2 days to get a chapter revised, so I'm thinking I'll likely have this one ready to send to my crit partner on Friday - if she's able to look at it.

Sometime between here and there, I need to make a run to the health food store. My dad's 60th is coming up this weekend, and I've been appointed to bake sugar free/low carb cupcakes, and a hazelnut cheesecake. It's amazing what with the number of elderly diabetics in this town, that the stores don't carry almond flour. That's what I'm making the trip for.

Also, I need to hunt down a good recipe for splenda frosting. Someone suggested using sugar-free jello pudding mix, but it breaks down if it's not kept refridgerated. I think I'll end up using a regular powdered sugar recipe and just substitute legit ingredients. Wish me luck. :P

Meep! I just realized it's almost 1pm. Where did the morning go? I better get with it. Chipotle chicken needs to come out of the oven before I break out the wip.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I found almond flour at Albertsons in Alex, Cora. It is amazing that there isn't a better selection of sugar free ingredients.

    Good luck on the revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches for the heads up, Marley. Better try to call hubster before he leaves work/makes it outside of town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know why I come to your blog? Because you always inspire me to work! I started revisions yesterday myself - and I've got a long way to go whipping an old WIP into shape. And I love the pics you post too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on the wip! You are a dedicate girl. Me? I'm a fluff head lately. You'd probably laugh at me...yesterday Bianca D'arc and I were talking in IM about one of her projects and dammit, now I have a sci-fi/romance/zombie wip file! >.<

    If it sells, the dedication will be a placing the blame page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks Jen! :*) I'm always glad you drop by.

    I couldn't resist the crazy cat lady pic, btw. No one offered me that career choice in highschool. I would've taken it!

    Good luck on your revisions. *pom poms* I have no doubt they'll turn out as yummy as your other books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... AE, you're writing about zombies in space? *_* You big tease! Zombies are my thing, girl!

    So um, when it's finished, where do I buy a copy, hm? What? It's not finished yet? Well, get to it - chop, chop!

    Zombies in space... I get a thrill just thinking those three little words. Thanks, AE, now I'm going to be daydreaming of fantastic zombie battles mingled with swashbuckling space opera romance all day. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^