Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Candy Dreams

Last night I dreamed I got a package in the mail. I was very anxious about it, because there was something in it that I wanted soo, sooo badly, although I wasn't quite sure what it was. Heh.

I took said box into the kitchen, and used a pair of scissors to open the edges. Inside, wrapped in yards and yards of red-pink bubble wrap were all these three inch swirly lollipops.

Seeing them was a little bewildering, because I knew I had to choose one, and yet I knew if I tasted each of them they'd all have the same underlying flavor. Never the less, selection was very important to me.

I ended up settling on one that was a swirly aqua blue and pink, and knew even before I opened it, it was going to taste like either bubble gum or possibly cotton candy.

I took it with me to the desk chair and flopped down, opened this lollipop, and sure enough - cotton candy. However, after the first taste, the sucker turned into one of those giant paddle-sized lollipops as big around as a dinner plate. For whatever reason, this made me extremely anxious. What the hell was I going to do with this entire lollipop? If I couldn't finish it - and I knew I wouldn't be able to - where was I going to store it? It seemed a shame to waste it and and throw it away. But what was I going to do? Carry it around with me until I finally finished it? What would anyone say when they saw me with it?

About that time, it dawned on me to wonder if my tongue had turned a shade of pink tinged aqua from eating the damn thing. I stuck out my tongue to try and take a peek, but of course, I woke up.

Yes, yes, I know. There are far greater problems in the world than having a candy colored tongue, but I can't help wondering - what the heck did I dream that?

Candy dreams aside, I hope you all have a snazzy Tuesday! ~_^

2 comments:

  1. MMM... a giant lollipop sounds yummy... though I'd never finish it either. Ha ha :)

    BTW, I'll be returning your email soon. Internet has been down for a week. *ack!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had my dream symbols book! The colors, the candy, the size change all means something... damned if I can figure it out, though.

    Candy. Yum...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^