Monday, May 04, 2009

Blogger Probed Me

annaoldenhave_fs


Ok. It's Monday - rainy Monday - so cue the blah. For the most part, I've conquered the soopa-bitch that is chapter two of my current, girl pimp wip. I think maybe too much traveling around at the first of the book, and a simple need to get hero and heroine in the same zone is the problem. I've done my best to shorten it, but at the same time I had to introduce the "distraction" characters, so I couldn't cut the beginning entirely. I'm going with it, so we'll see how that plays out over the course of today.

By the way, check this out. A day or so ago, Blogger probed me:





They certainly didn't ask my permission, and I didn't give anyone a wink or a head-nod. And I'm quite sure I didn't say "yes" to anything when I wasn't really listening that closely, nor did I sign any waivers. It just...happened. When I was least expecting it, too.

I was visiting Erobintica's blog, when I saw something uber interesting and hopped into the comments to post. That's when they totally slipped it in on me - right there in big red letters. I blinked at it several times in shock. And I swear, I never saw it coming.

Thankfully, I'm , but if you ask me, the Blogger folks, they really need to stay away from folks' even if they are only trying to us all they're doing it for our own good. Because doing the secret trip-and-slip on people... Come on now, that's just wrong. I don't really know why it's so wrong, it just is. (So take my word for it, ok?) It's to do with morals or something like that. (Or maybe it's principles. Who the hell can keep up?)

Anyway, I thought I was over it as of yesterday, but truth told, it haunts me still.


I keep trying to imagine what kind of would do that - probe someone without asking. Seems a little insensitive in this day an age. Or maybe I'm just old fashioned. Still, a little notice would've be nice, don't you think? Or flowers afterward. How about a promise to call me later, even if they don't mean it?


Pfft. Wishful thinking. No one even pulled my hair.

The thing is, for a long time I've suspected maybe they [the nefarious, anonymous they] were slipping in crazy, little subliminal verification words just to mess with my mind... Well, now I'm absolutely sure of it. So be warned, all of you. It's a global blogging conspiracy. They're watching you, waiting for the perfect moment to sneak up on you - and they have a probe. Srsly.

*_*



10 comments:

  1. I'm convinced that the words are generated somehow by using words in your blog - that's why sometimes there seems to be a theme.

    So how long have you been collecting those word shots? Hehehe

    Mine right now is boring

    fandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only collect the "questionable" ones, and I've been seeing them for a couple of months now.

    Yeah, I'm thinking it must be generated by current blog theme, too. Still, some of these that have popped up...wow.

    Looks like mine is playing coy this morning: andifict

    I'm not seeing any meaning in that one. But I haven't had a full cup of coffee yet. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s hilarious, Cora! I nearly choked on my coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm choking on my tea and giggles. It's true, though, Blogger can be down right sleezy one-night standish when it wants. *_*

    How are the wips coming? I did goo avoiding them this weekend, and played in the craft stuff.

    word verification: luousne

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. Ha ha. That's hysterical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chandra! LOL, glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wips are coming, Ann. Painfully slow, but it'll get there. How about you? Working on your cowboys?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe! Thanks, Isabelle! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is great. I usually just type them quickly and pay little attention to what they actually say. Now you have me paranoid. Are they sending us tiny subliminal messages? Is this blogger's attempt (or googles) at total world domination? I will become obsessed with interpreting these now.

    Thanks a lot! (said sarcastically)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lulu, I think you're on to something with that world domination thing... *ponders evil google plots*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.