Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sweet Nothings

step by step II



I'm officially working on my 2nd cup of coffee. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but the muse started whispering sweet nothings in my ear, so I had to get up and jot them all down before I forgot it. That wench. Some days....

At any rate, the wip is progressing. I'm only 1k shy of the required word count, and that'll fall in with the actual rewrites, which I'm starting on today. Right at this moment, my printer is chugging out page after ugly page while Minibeast does his "the printer is printing dance". Seriously. He does this crazy tap dance when the printer starts. The kidlet can find a musical rhythm in just about anything.

Honestly, I hate wasting the ink, but I added so much to this thing yesterday I needed a fresh hardcopy to work from. Ugh. Round 3, here I come. It's a blackhole story, this one. The closer I think I'm getting to the end, the more words it sucks in.

So that's the grand plan for today - work on this wicked summer story. Gotta make it happen. It's due April 30th, and time is running out. Tick, tock, tick, tock...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the rewrite today :) I've been perusing calls for submissions today...so far nothing's tripping my trigger!

    Love the Gwen video - she's a trip! Have you seen the "Wind it up" video? My husband thinks I'm whacked for liking that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind it up! I remember the yodeling in the song, lol, but had to go check out the video on youtube! That is pretty wild - I'd never seen that one before! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^