Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cracking the Whip

Today is crunch day. Much as I hate it, I have no more excuses to linger over this wip. The research is done, the characters are in place, most of the smutty parts are written. It's there, it's just...a mess.

The story is relatively short, so by the end of the day, I plan to have at least half this thing red penned to Nth degree, and ready to rewrite. And I mean, when I sit down at the computer again, all I have to do is key in what's already jotted down. I'm going rabid ninja on this bitch.

I noticed I'll have to add to it a bit to boost the word count, and I imagine it will just scrape by the required count. I don't think I've ever cut it so close before. Usually my stories run a little long and I have to trim them back. I was trying to avoid that with this one, but it seems I went to the opposite extreme. Story of my life. Marilyn Mason = Hello Kitty, and all that.

I picked up a new book. I'm currently reading Sex with Strangers (Black Lace). I'm about half way through the book, and so far my fave in the lot is the first story: Mind the Gap, by Mae Nixon. Sex on a train. In the dark. Guy in a business suit. Mm. Interesting.



How is that for a smokin' hot cover?

That's about all I have to share today. Maybe once the week wears on. I'm hoping the submission faerie will land in my inbox soon. *wishing very hard* I'm still waiting to hear back on a couple of submissions I sent off in December 2008 through January this year. Lost in e-transit, maybe?

I'm going to close with a video of my fave bellydancer ever, Sadie. She is soooo talented. She is, like, the queen of isolations. Doesn't do much work with her arms usually, so this video is a treat. I found it yesterday while browsing youtube. It's relatively new - from 2008. I hadn't seen it before!

3 comments:

  1. That was awesome!

    Thanks for posting that Cora! I want to be a belly dancer when I grow up! No...wait...I wanted to be an erotica writer! Maybe I'll be both ;)

    That was just breathtaking!

    Good luck on the WIP!

    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, if you liked that one, check this one out. It's one of Sadie's best IMO:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UVmq9w93kc

    Hit the full screen thing for it. It's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.

    She is just phenomenal!

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.