Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Checking Out the Peeps Show

easter candy



Hahaha! I discovered this morning that the 2009 Peeps Show is going on. No, no, I'm not talking about anything naughty. I'm talking about the little marshmallow bunnies and chicks arranged in elaborate, hilarious, and down right brilliant dioramas.

Photobucket


The Washington Post has a Peeps diorama gallery up right now. Everything from Peeps Attacks! to a Trouble With Tribbles parody. It's definitely worth a look. Peep Show 2

I realize you can't getPeeps everywhere in the world, so I'm adding a couple of links to Wiki entry and the Official Peeps Website. For those who may not know what they are, in a nutshell they're sugar coated marshmallows.

I can't eat them like I used to, but I still love 'em. I buy some for the kids every year, and I sent a few boxes around the globe to friends who can't get them where they live. As weird as it is, even though I can't eat 'em, I like the way they smell. Like this strange mix of marshmallow and plastic! Someone should invent a spray airfresher that smells like Peeps. Yum! Okay, yeah, that's probably a bad idea, because I'd walk around craving them all the time, but you know, mother of invention and all that.

Moving along, moving along.... Preggy neighbor divadog had her puppies yesterday - under the neighbors house. Oy vey. Since we agreed they would take the puppies and we would keep the mommy diva and have her spayed, they've put the divadog in a crate in their house with the pups. She hasn't been taking to them very well. We're hoping that will change. I haven't been able to get over there and see her because neighbor daughter #2 is sick with the flu. That being the case, I can't tell if maybe neighbor mommy just panicked, and misread some of divadog's natural instincts or what. I've been trying really hard not to stress over this.

After going through the waiting game all day for info about the doggie deliveries, Oldest came in from school and informed me I needed to get on with it and give him the emo haircut he's been wanting. Oy vey x2. First of all, Oldest has no drive to style anything, much less his hair, and on top of that his texture is all wrong for scene hair. It's too thick and wavy. But, because I love him and because it was too late to bind him in a sack and haul him off to live with the gypsies, I set him down at 10pm, studied a couple of pictures showing the hair he wanted, this one in particular:



It took me an hour an a half to chop that mop down to emo-ish proportions. No pictures - it was too late at night for that. Maybe this afternoon once he's home from school. At any rate, when I finally told him to go take a look in the mirror, he came back with a big grin and said, "I'd hug you, but I'm covered with tiny bits of hair."

So, he saved me a case of the itchies and went to take a bath. Amazingly, he came back after bathtime and gave me a big hug of emo joy before scarpering off to his room to fry his new 'do with the hair dryer. "Use that heat protection stuff I showed you, Oldest!" I have no idea if he listened to me or not. Probably not.

Completely switching gears here. Now onto new news regarding the goings on in my little world of smut writing....

Last night, I was sitting at my desk and Hubby saw me reading a new book that had just arrived yesterday afternoon: Sex...with Strangers (Black Lace). He spied the cover from his spot in the kitchen and said, "What the heck are you reading?" I looked at him over the top of my glasses. "Market research, dear."

That's my new answer for all questions to smut related reading material. It's all market research. Yeah, ok. So most of it really is. Most.

I can't say too much about it yet, but I've been offered a slot for a wicked summer fun story. Menage, anyone? The draft is almost done, and whew, this story is gonna be hot!

Today the Blow Hard 2009 tour bus is pulling up over at Marina St. Clare's blog. Stop by and visit her while she waxes poetic about going down - you'll be glad you did! By posting in the comments, you'll be entered to win a fabulous prize package worthy of your best O face.

That's all for me today. It's almost 10 and I'm still sitting around in my pajamas. Jeans and coffee are in order. I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Gawd? And he hugged you after that hair cut in the blond picture? I think it's a good thing I am not the mother of a teenager.

    I have a perfectly good metal bowl and by golly it would be on his head faster than a UFO hightailin' it outta Area 51.

    It worked for John, Paul, George and Ringo in the early 60's and it would work for him now, dang nabbit. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Girl, I'm gonna have to send you a link to the hair videos we looked up before giving him the big chop.

    Oldest's into "scene-hair", and if I'm completely honest, that style I cut it into is very tame in comparison to the other pics we looked at. It's mostly about brushing the hair forward toward the face, with some teasing and piecing out of the layers, but many of the styles are down right girly looking. I had to draw the line somewhere, because we live in a rural community, and you can only get away with so much.

    Beyond that, I'm fine with it. It's not my favorite cut, not in the least, but it's just hair. It'll grow back. ~_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.