Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thunderstorms and Paranoia



For the second night in a row, there've been horrid thunderstorms and power cuts. Last night it happened right as I was hauling Mini to bed, so of course after that he was too paranoid about the storm to sleep. Every little noise had him sitting up in the bed, "Mimi, what's that!" *_*

It doesn't help that the house is quiet as a crypt without the barage of electrical devices going: fan, computers, TV, etc. To keep him calm, I laid there and talked to him about Speed Racer *sob* for about 45 minutes. I love my little bear, but Speed Racer, I just about need a dose of Ritalin to sit through it. *twitch, twitch*

Speaking of children's programming, it should be illegal for Noggin to put Lazy Town on TV before noon. Srsly. It's bad enough my kid likes that show, but they could cut us some slack. Give parents time to down some coffee and bolster our pain tolerance before airing that hyper mess. Sheesh.

I pulled out my W3 wip last night to finish up rewrites on the very last effing scene of my story, but poof - lights out. So I ended up only able to work on it until my laptop battery went critical. Today that's my #1 goal. Come hell or high water, I am rewriting the final scene and formatting everything for winging out into submission land. Yes, yes, I know. I've been working on this very same goal for ever a week, but see, you're not allowed to remember that. Nope. *waves hands in mystical oogly, boogly way* You must forget I haven't sent this story off yet.

Today is the day, dammit.

Since I'm already on the topic of Weirdly 3, I heard via Twitter (or maybe it was Romance Divas, it all blends) that both Wild Child Publishing and Freya's Bower are looking for editors. If that's something you're interested in, you can go to the parent company www.wildchildpublishing.com and wing an email off to Marci Baun.

That's all the news I have for today. At some point, I have to make a trip to the store again. Or some such thing. I was telling hubby on the phone this morning that it never fails. I haven't need anything in particular in two weeks, but the minute we get a week of heavy rain, suddenly I have to go to the store every freaking day. Ah, life's little ironies...

Hope you have a good Thursday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You know I was up with Peanut last night watching the weather channel at like 4am and noticed those terrible T-storms were right over you! I got really worried. Losing power is scary in those kind of scenarios too. Makes you feel so detached from the outside world!

    Hope you're ok!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.