Thursday, March 19, 2009

No One To Blame

NGC 1999: South of Orion


Earlier today I got a call from my mom, and while I was talking to her, Mini came bouncing up saying he wanted a PB&J. Ok, no problem, I can gab on the phone and make a sandwich at the same time. So I'm standing at the bar with the phone tucked against my chin, spreading jelly on a piece of bread. Blah, blah, blah...then I sneeze. Big. OMFG, the pain! No, I didn't stab myself with the butterknife. I apparently pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I guess it's because I was holding my head at an odd angle when it happened. I swear, I am so effing talented sometimes I amaze even myself... ~_~'

So I'm good unless I need to sneeze (during allergy season, no less) or breathe in deeply, then the muscle catches. Hubby came home from work, so I greeted him by yowling, "Quick! Rub this wacked muscle!" He was all about it until he realized I'm in serious pain. He kneaded my shoulder blade until I couldn't stand it anymore. Tonight it's a hot soak in the tub and hopefully I'll be able to pop my shoulder. Sounds freakish, doesn't it? Well, I'm gonna try it. At this point, I can't raise my right arm over my head.

I've managed to update the Midnight Moon Cafe website with new pages, and I'll be posting more back issues of the Midnight Brew in .pdf format sometime tonight or tomorrow. I worked on my newsletter a bit, but it's not ready yet. I'm holding out in the hopes I'll hear back on a submission. We will see. On a brighter note, my story for W3 is almost ready to send. By Monday at the latest. *fingers crossed*

That's it for me today. I'm officially setting the CZ countdown to the final episode of BSG. I'm crossing my fingers they don't kill off Leoben! (But I have a sinking feeling they're going to.) I'll make a prediction about this tomorrow - if I remember to.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Ouch, Cora! That sounds painful. I hope you feel better after a good soak in the tub and a good night's sleep. :/

    Good luck getting your W3 sub out by Monday. I sent you an email about my submission. ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better. I give myself a stiff neck by sleeping wrong (maybe it's my pillow, I dont know) very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yolanda, I sent you an email! Happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, that is exactly what it feels like, only it's my right shoulder blade. :S I did a bit of stretching earlier, so hopefully it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch. Hope you're feeling better. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.