Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wicked Condition *updated*

I've had a tummy ache all morning. I'm going to pretend it's not PMS since it's so damn close to the conference it's not even funny. Ugh.

Last night I stayed up entirely too late and worked on my pitch. By the time I left the den to go to bed, I was too tired to see straight.

I need to go back in today and take a good long look at what I worked up, see what's important and what's not, and trim down the entire thing. Thankfully, I saved the pitch sheets from the pitch workshop I went to last year, so I'm gonna break that out and make sure what I've got follows the general format. Once I've got that down I'll practice talking my way through this thing. Oy, I hate watching myself talk in a mirror, but it helps.

I got my first round of edits for Moonlight and Shadows this morning. They're not too bloody, so that's a major plus. Once the house is quiet this evening I'll sit down and do an initial run through.

The rest of the day I'll likely read and entertain Mini. I've been reading The Vanishing by Bentley Little. It's bizarre and bloody and make no doubt. I don't think there's anything scarier than seeing your family go nuts, and this book has a lot of that going on.

That's about it for me. I need to find my shoes and make a run to the post office to drop some things off. I hope you all have a good Wednesday. ~_^

Update: Okalie dokalie... I just signed up for WAG, which is the Writing Adventure Group created by Nixy Valentine. To find out more: CLICK HERE TO GET THE SKINNY.

This week's assignment is to go outside and look up at the sky and describe it. No flowery words, etc. Just tell it like it is. So here goes:

It's a gray day with heavy cloud cover - a mingled gray and white toss up of clouds. No actual view of "sky", and no sunlight peeking through. Lots of bald tree limbs block my view from the front yard. It looks like it will probably rain later on.

And there you have it. If you'd like to participate in this free workshop, visit the link above.

2 comments:

  1. My day was a really grey one as well! Those are tough to write about, because they feel so 'blah' to me, but you did a great job! Will be posting links to everyone's posts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of grey days... I fell bad complaining about my plain bright blue sky! :P

    I like "toss up of clouds." Gave me an image of someone tossing a handful of clouds up in the air, like confetti, to see what would stick.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.