Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So Far So Good


Today is a thing of joy. Hubby decided to take Mini on a daddy-son day, and so I get the house all to myself for a few hours. *faint* Actually, I had to spend a good chunk of that cleaning, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and all that. So at this very moment the TV is off, Pitbull is snoozing on his doggy bed, and the wind is gusting outside and ringing the wind chimes. Ah, bliss...

I'm 8 pages into clean-up on my sexy android story, which is really more arty and complex than I ever intended it to be. I've worried about that for about two months now, but decided not to change the overall feel of it because I like the way it flows. It's different, but not unreadable. I'm just going to keep on polishing it and checking for grammar errors, etc. then send it along. I can honestly think of only one publisher where this story might fit, but I'd be sad for these characters if I couldn't find a home for them. What the hell. I'm just going to toss it out there into submission land when I'm finished and see what happens. If it doesn't publish, maybe I'll turn it into a freebie or something.

Hubby, wonderful man that he is, called a little while ago to let me know he'd dropped by Office Depot to look at laptops for himself, and ended up buying the Office Small Business upgrade for me. Fear me! I once again have the power of track changes. Woot!

Over the last few days I've been jotting down ideas on notecards for another book. I'm really looking forward to working on this one, but it's going to take more research before I can really dive off into it.

Speaking of plot, I signed up for an online plot workshop being given through NOLA for those who are attending the March conference. Looking forward to this one! I'm hoping it will give me that extra push to get this latest book finished and out the door.

It's a gorgeous, sunny day outside. A little too breezy to stay out there for very long, but oy, it's definitely not doing anything to curb my summer fever. However, I have work to do, so I better get on with it before the guys return.

I hope you all have a happy hump day!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh! A personal day! :) Very nice. Your hubby is a doll.

    I'm glad you kept up with the android story. I really like it and think it has definite potential. Let me know if you want me to give it a final glance before you send it off! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day, hon! Yay, for the hubby. +1 for the Office Small Business. ^_~

    You're a great writer, cora, the story will find a home.

    shamefully, I woke with an awesome plot concept that I'm sketching down, too. the LAST thing I need is another story. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^