Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Has Landed


I was all ready to tackle today's tasks - most of which required the use of the post office - only to be thwarted by President's Day. *_* I'm not even sure why it didn't occur to me that the post would be closed. I mean, Oldest is home, and I remembered it was a holiday, just not which one. Grr. So that means I won't be able to take care of business until tomorrow. That really gnaws at my inner Virgo. Seriously. I wanted this crap DONE. *sigh*

I'm cleaning up the vamp story today, and working on assignments for the pre-NOLA con plotting workshop. I'm literally a handful of pages from finishing up the androids, but I needed a break from them. I'm so close to completing the final draft their story it's ridiculous, but I just can't seem to push myself toward the finish line without feeling like I'm rushing and missing a dozen things. I'm stepping back from that for a few days. I'll try working on it again in a day or so when I can look at it with a fresh perspective.

In a little while I need to run up to the Wolf Stop and pick up a roll of paper towels. I've been driving myself crazy going back to the kitchen to get one, and there's nothing there! Just the ghost roll in the holder. For Pete's... It's enough to drive a woman mad. I must have paper towels or napkins or something! It feels unnatural not having one folded into a square under my cuppa tea.

That's it for me today. Got lots to do. The conference is in 2 weeks and I really gotta get the lead out on this story. I hope you all have a snazzy Monday, and oh!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about paper towels or napkins! I have to have one with any food item--drives me nuts if I don't have one.

    If you're feeling the need to step back from your androids, then definitely do it. There is always a reason for that sense of distancing. You want it to be spot on. ^_^

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that must be aggravating! To have everything planned out and then not be able to finish! That gets me all riled up too. :) *hugs*

    Let me know if you need an eye on the android story, ok? You may just have looked at it one too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never figured out your President's Day. Now I'm confuzzled by the new holiday the Ontario government created last year - Family Day. Some places stay open, some close, some people get the day off, some don't. We'd left out grocery shopping til today and discovered the groceries stores are closed, for instance, yet other stores are still open. Go figure.

    And i hear you on the paper towels. Can't live without 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, it's paper towel addiction. And I haz it. I even carry napkins in my purse. WTF? ^_^

    I think I'm just trying to rush through the androids too fast, and really there's no need. The story doesn't have a deadline. I guess it's just that psychological "I want this story done" thing. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Isy, how are you feeling, lady? I gotta drop by and check on you and peanut. It's getting close to your date now isn't it?

    I'll let ya know if the androids keep giving me trouble. I think I'm just trying to rush it. I've kinda been in that frame of mind in general lately. I don't know. Some kind of funk I'm in, I guess. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah, I don't even understand our President's Day. Sad, but true. ~_~'

    Since I don't know a single living soul who actually gets off work for this day (aside from students and possibly postal workers), I've come to the assumption that either a president or a postal worker must've come up with the grand idea for this celebration of inconvenience.

    Every year I'm taken by surprise by Prez Day, and it's always when I need to get to the frikkin post office. *sigh* Never mind the year I drove Oldest to school on Prez Day, and we sat in the empty parking lot wondering if maybe the zombie apocalype had happened overnight and we just weren't aware of it. NO one showed up. NO one broadcast it on the news. It wasn't until noon I figured it out - ah, it's President's Day! Makes perfect effing sense, doesn't it?

    And btw, double sigh to all the stores you never know whether they're open or closed on these questionable holidays. Oh, yes, I hear you loud and clear. Sometimes I think that is a mass experiment by retailers designed to cause confusion. Why else would Popeye's Chicken need to close on something like Family Day - or even President's Day??? *conspiracy*

    *_*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.