Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Me So Sleepy


OMG. I am so tired today. Mini woke up around 5 AM determined that it was time to romp and play. I can't rest well if he's out of the bed because more than likely he'll get into something in the fridge or bathroom. Everything is pretty much baby-safe, but I do not dig surprise messes, if you know what I mean.

The minute Oldest was out the door for school, I had to get up because he never remembers to hit the lock. I have this freakish fear that Mini will wander outside and I don't know about it, so I crawled out of bed, went to relock the door and start some cuppa going. Once that was done, I flopped down at the desk and sat shivering in my Happy Bunny pjs while the coffee brewed, and Mini - my gods, where does the energy come from? - hopped around like a crazed chihuahua. "Mimi, can we do this? Mimi let's go play!" *_*

I hate to admit it, but my one brain function at that moment was "coffee". I wasn't gonna do anything without it. Honestly, I figured I might as well get up - lots of things to do. The plotting workshop is going on at the moment and I don't want to miss a minute of that. Also, I had errands to run since Prez. Day screwed up teh routine yesterday. Ya know, that "no holiday" holiday? Right.

So by 9 AM I'd finished everything but my in town errands, so I dressed Mini, pulled on my sneakers and out the door we went. Just inside the city limits, my cell phone goes off and my purse is tossed into the floor of the Jeep on the passenger side. Oy vey. I fished out my phone without killing us all, and it was hubby. I told him I was driving and he was quiet a minute, then he said, "But it's so early. I thought you were going to wait for the mail to run in case my per diem check comes in today."

Yes, I admit it. I completely forgot about that check. And because of that, ended up having to make two trips. All I could think about the second go around was getting home and falling out on the couch. No such luck. Gotta wait until hubster gets home before I can crash a bit.

Tonight I gotta suck it up and work on the vamp story. There are 7 or so pages left to clean up, and I gotta get this story out the door this week before the submission deadlines expire. I kinda have a feeling it's going to be a long night. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT! Try and get a nap in, that might help.

    BTW- I'm totally giving you a call soon. I miss chatting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do call me, Isy! Our last chat while I was shopping made my entire day. Seriously. I'd call you, but I'm always worried you'll be taking a mommy nap or be at the doctor's office or something. I don't want to interrupt anything important! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a day you had. >.< I felt like I was chasing my tail all day Tuesday. Overly tired from doing the blog talk interview on Monday night and being too wound up to sleep properly after--that's my theory.

    Hopefully you're bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to go today! If not, you can join me in the sleepy zone. *yawn*

    ReplyDelete
  4. AE, scoot over and let me join you in teh sleepy zone. *_* I stayed up until 2 AM working on the vamps. I whittled the pages down but, oy I'm feeling rather zombie-ish today. I sense a nap coming on after lunch. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^