Thursday, February 19, 2009

Making Progress


I'm two pages away from finishing the naughty vampire wip. Woot! I was hoping I could have this thing completed by Friday, but I had my doubts all the way up until this morning. Everytime I'd get a page whittled down, I'd look at the page count and the numbers were going up. Sinkhole editing. What can I say?

Mom dropped by for a visit early this morning and while we sat around talking and drinking coffee, she decided she wanted to take Mini with her to spend the night. I didn't even faint when she offered. She hasn't had a chance to hang out with him much lately, and I kinda think it gets lonely for her over at the new house by herself. So, after much hoohooing and dancing around the kitchen on Mini's part, I agreed to let him stay the night and packed a bag for him. I'd barely got his socks on his feet and he was ready to go, charging the door and all that.

"Wait, Mini, aren't you forgetting something?" *shoes* He would've left without them and never blinked an eye, but I also had to get is car seat and set him up, so I managed to get some sneakers on him.

With Mini on visitation with the Grand Parentals, I managed to wing through the house and get it all cleaned up by - GASP - 11:30! So that means I've had all this nice quite time to work on the vamps, and I tell ya, I've been using it. Mark my words, I'm sending off this wip tonight!

There is one other thing I need to do, and I think I'm going to lure Oldest into going with me: I really need to haul off the garbage because it STINKS. I have no idea what the guys could have possibly put in the trashcan overnight to make it reek that frikkin bad. But, oy, it does. *_*

That's pretty much it for now. I gotta get supper starting in about an hour, so I'm gonna find a comfy spot to curl up with the laptop and stake these vamps. Er, at least the story. I'm so ready to move on.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Tonight? That would be awesome! :)

    I really hope you get the vamps done. The circumstances seem to have fallen in your favor. I think the muse is going to run free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Isabelle! ^_^ The vamps should be finished tonight. I have one page left to go, and most of it is luuurve scene so it shouldn't take too long to sort through it. Woot! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love it when grandma takes the little ones? *waxes nostalgic* I remember when my kids were excited about that, too--then they turned into teens...

    YOu simply must post and let us know if you finished the vamps story!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^