Monday, January 26, 2009

Year of the Ox

Webfetti.com

Wow, January has gone by fast! Has anyone else noticed that? Tomorrow is hubby's birthday, but we won't be celebrating until the weekend since he left early this morning to return to Texas. I plan to bake a cake for him and buy him something special, even if it's not what he really wants - which is a new laptop. We just can't swing it right now. Maybe by the time Father's Day rolls around... ;)

I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning working, since I needed to be up to make sure hubby crawled out of bed to make the trip back and be to work on time. While everyone else slept, I finished revising a story for a company I'd really, really like to write for, and managed to get everything sent off. I've got my fingers crossed for this one. Wish me luck!

I plan to spend most of today playing with Mini - coloring, building blocks, etc. He wanted me to read to him this morning, so I told him to go to his shelf and pick out three books. He did. And all three of them were about Lightning McQueen. Heh. That's okay, though. I've been working extra hard this month, and so he hasn't gotten his usually attention from me. So today is going to be our day.

*dance break**dance break**dance break**dance break**dance break*



Pet Shop Boys



Happy Monday, everyone - and happy Chinese New Year!









10 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie! How are you feeling? Email me if you get the chance. I was worried about you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you feeling better?

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your latest sub! I hope you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like Jenji and Isabelle, wondering how you are. Take it easy and look after yourself, okay?

    And yes, January has incredibly fast, hasn't it?

    Cool - my word verification is "reades" Yup, I do, but is that the Old Englishe spelling, LOL?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the submission, hon! How are you feeling? Taking care of yourself? I'm been thinking about you and wishing you well.

    Verification word: thacide
    Sounds like a illicit drug, doesn't it? snort

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Issy, I just now checked this thread. I'll send you an email in a jiff. K?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finally feeling better, Jenji. Thanks for asking. I imagine I'll feel lots, LOTS better (when worries are off my mind) after the dr. visit Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Yolanda! :*)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Leah, did Martie give you the scoop? I hope she passed on the news so you wouldn't be wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks bunches, Ann. *hugs*


    Thacide. It does sound like a drug. Or maybe a herbicide. Whaddaya think? *pondering*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^