Sunday, January 11, 2009

View From A Starbucks

Well, pfft...Blogger really shrank that picture down to a nugget, didn't it? Ah well, I suppose it could be worse. And besides, if you've seen one Waffle House or Chevron, you've seen them all.

I took this cell phone pic around 9 o'clock Saturday morning while waiting for Beth to arrive - Starbucks is my RWA carpool launch point. The Tech Exit Starbucks has, arguably, the tiniest, most ill designed parking lot ever. Crap parking combined with drivers who've obviously not had enough caffeine. God help us all.

So yesterday was my first full fledged RWA meeting, and it went a-ok. There were far more people in attendance than I expected, and I found another paranormal writer has joined the fold. Woot!

This morning I signed the contracts for Moonlight and Shadows - the next book in my Werekind series, and my first sale for 2009. Double woot! No release date yet; I'll post more about that as the info comes in.

Here is the non-official, teaser blurb:

Two Werekind packs teeter on the edge of war. Someone has killed the Istvaan Pack alpha, and Sylvie won't rest until justice is served. Forced into a face to face meeting with her greatest rival, the alpha of the Dartega Pack, she is shocked to discover her true mate is none other than the Dartega's right hand man--his assassin, Erik.

Sylvie realizes in that moment she will never be able to claim her true mate, but there are other, more important things she must do than mourn a broken heart. She must prove herself worthy to her pack, and track a killer. There's just one problem: Erik has waited a long time to find her, and pack affiliations mean nothing to a man on the hunt for his mate.


Just for trivia's sake, this book takes place in Shreveport/Bossier, where I spent my summers while growing up. ~_^

I hope you're all having a snazzy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. You sold Moonlight and Shadows!!! You SOOO owe me an email! I may call you and harass you for not emailing me. ;) Just warning you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe! I'll have to see if you're on YIM later and give you all the gory details. ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new contract, Cora! Yay. Is that still with Cobblestone Press?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yolanda! Yes, this one is with Cobblestone, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the sale of Moonlight and Shadows! Speaking as someone who got a sneak peak at this story last year, it is one of your best and totally rocks! Sylvie is one lucky, lucky wolfie! Erik is major hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks, CC! :*)



    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.