Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Vanilla Tea and Submission Frenzy

St.James Angels


Now that the house is quiet for the day, I thought I best update on how everything is going here. I'm off bed rest and feeling more like my old self again, and I think I'm out of the danger zone I was in a few days ago. I still have an appointment set up with my girly doctor, but haven't been yet. I'll post the results sans the fine details once I have info. Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughtful emails, everyone. I truly appreciate it. I swear I've been an emotional wreck since it happened, and I tend to cry at the drop of a hat. Even email hats.

Someone asked in an email the other day how my diet is going, and I realized after I sent off my reply that I hadn't answered. It's still on, and I haven't cheated with any foods not Atkins induction friendly, since I decided to do an extended induction. I'm down 11 pounds and 15 inches overall - four of those inches are off my waist. Not too shabby for someone eating cheesecake and pepperoni almost every day. The weightloss is slower this time, but my blood glucose is right on target. My first foray into town off of bedrest, I had to buy a new pair of "skinny" jeans. The first time in a LONG time my jean size has gone down. :P

I've done a lot of writing over the past month - and in the past week. I now have 3 stories floating out in submission land, two awaiting clean up, and I just finished a story based off of Under A Midnight Moon, that's almost ready to go. It ties in with the entire Werekind Series, and tonight I've been working on cleaning up the final draft and getting it ready to send out. It should be out the door this coming week, and after that I'll only have one more submission call deadline on my worksheet left to meet for January/February.

A few days ago, I read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I can't write too much about it without completely giving it away, and I don't want to do that because it's rare that I find a book that reaches me the way this one did. The book is a postapocalyptic novel about a father and son who have nothing left in the world but each other. It is touching, scary, sad, frightening, and although the blurb described it as "living in a future with no hope", I did find hope in it. I guess it's sort of like seeing rainbows when you least expect it. Some people will look up and see the rainbow, but if someone else is standing at a different angle, they might not. At any rate, I give The Road my highest recommendation. I feel I should point out this book has been made into a movie, and is also a Boston Globe, Denver Post, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, New York, Time, and People Magazine Best Book of the Year. After reading it, I can see why.

So here it is, a few minutes after midnight. I should try and clean up a few more paragraphs before bed. I think I'll make another cup of tea before I settle in.

Happy hump day, everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Yay, on the skinny jeans! And, vanilla tea? Yummo:)

    I'm glad you're feeling better, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better! *hugs* And good for you for sticking to the Atkins. That's awesome. Although I'll admit, I can't remember what skinny jeans are supposed to look like. '^_^

    All those submissions will keep you pretty busy! Let us know soon as you hear anything back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better and writing up a storm. And sounds like you're on a roll diet-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ann. ^_^ BTW, vanilla tea is the shiznit. The Celestial Seasonings kind really rocks my socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs* Isabelle! I would call you, girl, but I'm worried I'll catch you in the middle of some kind of busy last minute getting ready for baby things! I'll be looking for you on msngr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Marley. :*) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cora.

    I drink vanilla tea too. I'd love to know your diet. I haven't worn skinny jeans since they appeared in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya, Sarah! I can't live without vanilla tea. Yep, it rocks me. ^_^

    I'm on the Atkins diet, btw. It's actually the 2nd time for me - the first time I went on it, I lost 30 pounds, then ended up pregnant with Minibeast.

    I'm back on it now because my blood sugar just got too out of whack to deal with any other way. There are a lot of books out there about Atkins, but just as much false information.

    Here is the BEST and cheapest (34 cents on Amazon!) version of the Atkins diet:

    http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-Diet-Revolution-Revised/dp/1590770021/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233261414&sr=8-1

    And to get a peek at some insider tips, recipes, before after photos, etc:

    www.sugarfreesheila.com

    Send me an email if you need any extra info. I got tons of it about this diet.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^