Saturday, January 31, 2009

Save the Werewolves

Pic from Dog Soldiers - one of my fave movies ever!


It's kind of a crazy weekend, but I'm going with it, y'all. Hubby is coming home today - YAY! - so I've been doing a mad dash to clean the house and do all the laundry before he gets here. You know, to make it look like I've been doing anything but slacking for the past 7 days.

Hubby's birthday was actually on the 27th, but last weekend I was very, very ill and he was off in Texas on his actual the day birthday. Soooo I'm making up for it tonight: good food, presents, make you cry b-day card, and lots of smooches.

I guess since it's going out of its cycle, Mercury retrograde has even decided to cut me some slack. Hubby's birthday gifts arrived this afternoon. I ordered two custom T-shirts for him - Save the Werewolves and Save the Chupacabras. *snicker* (Oldest has run off with the Save the Zombies, so that's that.) I'm gonna have to warn hubby if the Save the Werewolves T comes up missing after a few wears...it's the dryer gnomes. Not me. Cuz I'm not too proud to point the blame where it deserves to go.

Minibeast has been having a blast with the wrapping paper remnants. Since the only paper in the house was Disney Cars, that's what hubby's getting. I know, I know... Anyway, Mini said he wanted to make a garage out of the dining room table with the paper leftovers, so there is now a "curtain" of cars paper taped to one side. He's been crawling under there with his cars, and alternately, taking that long tube the paper was wrapped on and whopping everything in sight Ninja Turtle style. Gods help us.

I've been tinkering around far too much today. I know I have to get my story revised. I see it. I know what needs to be done, so what am I doing? I'm fiddling around on Youtube and Twitter of course! BTW, if you're on Twitter, add me. And if you're on Youtube, admit you have a problem and seek professional help. I swear that site is the worst thing that has ever happened to my productivity.

I'm reading new romance smut! Ok, well, it's been out a while, but I'm just now getting my hands on it. You know me: a day late and a dollar short. But I digress...

Magic and Desire by Portia Da Costa, Janine Ashbless, and Olivia Knight.





I mainly bought it for the Olivia Knight story The Dragon Lord. Sexy dragons, yeah, I'm there. Then again, it's win-win-win because I've never read anything by Janine Ashbless I didn't like, and Portia Da Costa is a fellow Romance Diva.

Variety. Just one of the many reasons I anthologies.

So yesterday I wrestled and played with Mini until my abs were sore. No kidding. I mean, I know I'm out of shape, but I thought surely 3 years of belly dancing would have, I don't know, made the tummy muscles more resistant to that OMFG, high school gym after a summer of mall ratting and lazy lawn chair sitting, kind of pain.

Oy vey. I feel every one of my 33 24 v. 9 years today. Then again, maybe that will help knock another pound off. If it works, the knocking another pound off, I may be on to something. Weightloss wrestling with toddlers. If it works, I promise to let y'all know when I have abs like Janet. (see below) Hell if I ever end up with abs like that I'll likely take 50 pictures, and share teh sexy. Pfft.

Until then....


...the video will just have to do.


That's about it for me today. I have reading and slacking to do. Oh, and I haven't ransacked the fridge in a few hours, so I believe I may do that as well.


Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. She IS in shape isn't she? She'll probably look like that when she's 70. And I can barely move after one day of delivering mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The t-shirts are priceless! :) Great choices. Your hubby is going to love them.

    Sounds like you've got a million things going on, but don't worry! It'll all be worth it to have him home and have the family enjoy dinner and some good laughs.

    Enjoy your weekend sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^