Friday, January 02, 2009

Pulling Up the Writer's Chair

I did it. I survived the hell that was 2008. Now what?

I've got two erotic submission floating around, and two more short stories completed that I'm slowly revising. One is only 5 pages away from submission. I anticipate that being ready by the end of the weekend. The other one may take another week or so to have it boned up enough to submit.

After these two stories go out, I'm planning to dust off Love Fool, and give it another look. It's complete, but needs a total overhaul to bring it up to snuff. If I have it ready for conference time, I may pitch it. I don't know yet. I'd planned another book to pitch, but I haven't had the time to pick up the story since I sent in my NOLA registration fees.

Somehow, during all this, I managed to start working on another full length book. This one about vampires. I've got the outline written for the book, but I think maybe it needs to be punchier... er, rather, I need to put the heroine in more peril. I've been trying to think up ways to run her through the wringer. I think I need to research it a bit more before I push too far ahead.

Overall, I've got an ecclectic mix going. I blame that on the fact that in the past few months, I've been reading more sci-fi / fantasy stuff rather than true, nuts and bolts paranormal. It's good for a change of pace.

BTW, speaking of writing, books, and reading....
www.freyabower.com and www.wildchildpublishing.com have free reads up for grabs right now! Be sure to drop by their sites and see if there's something on board that tickles your reading fancy.

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you all have a snazzy weekend. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^