Monday, January 05, 2009

must...prioritize...

I saw the husbter off to work this morning. He'll be home sometime over the weekend. It rained all day today here at home, and when he called - his first day back at "the ditch", they had a rain out. He found a hotel room, but it doesn't offer a kitchen, free breakfast, or even coffee. On the other hand, he says it passes the barefoot test. I'm honestly wondering how long that little gem will last, though, with no coffee. I guess he'll just have to stop at Circle K, or pray they have a Starbucks somewhere along the way to work.

I took the day off from working on any projects. Hubby had to get up at 2:30 AM, and since I didn't get the bounty hunter story sent out until sometime after one in the morning, I stayed awake to make sure he got up on time. I guess it's a good thing, because if I'd gone to bed, he wouldn't have been able to wake me up, for sure, and I'd have missed saying bye to him. However it was damn hard to get out of bed at 7AM with Mini. Oy vey. After this post I imagine I'll check on my Neopets and hit the bed.

Tomorrow I plan to pull out the sexy contemporary and sort through it, see what all needs to be done to revise it. I've thought about subbing it to an erotica anthology, but I don't know if I'll have time to get it tip top. I think the anth deadline is somewhere around Jan. 30 - Feb. 1st. We'll see. At any rate, I plan to hit that story bright and early, and just see how far I can get. It won't be easy with just me and the MiniBeast, but I think I can get a few hit and run slash sessions in on it. As they say: No pain no gain.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'm so tired, I can barely concentrate on what I'm writing. I hope you all had a pleasant Monday, and if by chance you didn't - hang in there! Tomorrow's another day. ~_^

4 comments:

  1. I'm much better at night. I'd have stayed up too, it would have been better for all involved ^_^ Mornings suck. I struggle to be civil. Mostly, the family leaves me to my blankit and chair until the kids leave for school, then I slink back to bed.

    I'm still clawing at the werewolf piece. It's time to tame the beast! Or, be trampled beneath the paws...

    Always a possibility. Snort.

    random note: word verification is dismess. That's my daughter's room! LOL "Clean dismess!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I'm in the same boat. My priorities list is a MESS. :\

    I'm trying not to think about it or I'll cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey beautiful girl, guess what arrived in the post yesterday??
    :) :) :) :) :)

    Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you work late. I'm no good writing after 9. At four in the morning the stories are pulling me out of bed, solving problems... but draggin myself out before 5 isn't happening.

    Hope you got a nap.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.