Thursday, January 08, 2009

Let You Go Til You See The Light

No blog posts for the past few days. Hubby and I have had major issues with Oldest, and I tell you...teenagers. Is there a purpose for them aside to give you/their parents an aneurysm? At this point, I doubt I could be convinced of anything else.

I don't know a single person who hasn't made an ass out of themselves at 17 over something or another, but in this case, Oldest is lucky I don't sell him to the gypsies. I am still very angry with him, and can't stay in the same room with him for more than a minute. It's better to leave out and hold my tongue rather than flay him alive.

Anyway, he's off to school now, and hubby and Mini are gone to the store. In the morning Hubster has to go back to Texas and finish out the week. Thanks to this fine lot of shit, we're going to be without a paycheck, so I made a dash to the bank yesterday to cash the rest of my royalty checks to buy groceries with. Joy.

This morning was a little better, which means I haven't wanted to choke anyone ala Homer Simpson. First thing out of bed, before I could even tank down two cups of coffee, I printed a couple of Ni Hao Kylan paper lanterns off Noggin.com for Mini and we put them together. We printed up a color-it-yourself Chinese Dragon one, and put it together too. Mini was walking through the house with all three a little while ago, telling anyone who'd listen that they need a light inside them. :P



Once the guys left, I did a bit of laundry, swept, and set the dishwasher going. If I can wrap my mind around it today, I plan to write at least 1k on the erotic contemporary. It's one I want to send out into submission land by the end of the month. The way I'm feeling at this point, if it happens, it happens. Too many publishers are overlapping their deadlines and if an author sees two calls that they know would fit their work, they have to either rush through 2 stories, or choose only one. I realize I can't sub to them all, but damn. When I know that publisher isn't going to do a similar call for another year, it's a tough choice to make.

That's it for me. I'm off to hide in the writing cave for a while, all things permitting.

6 comments:

  1. *Hugs and a soothing pat on the back*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww hon!

    *hugs and offers you my bestest blankie*

    I have two teenagers. They make you insane. Last night Kat and her friend came home from the church youth group literally bawling. From CHURCH bawling. If it wasn't our own making us nuts, it'd be someone else's making us nuts through them.

    If you need to talk, you've got my number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! **Big Hugs** I don’t have teenagers yet, but my sister and some of my friends do so I’m bracing for it. Some of the stories… I honestly don’t know what they’re thinking (the teenagers).

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* Sounds like you need a break. Email me to rant if you need an ear to listen. So sorry I've been kind of MIA. Last minute baby stuff taking up lots of my time. But I'm available!!! Just drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ::hugs:: You could always send Oldest to Kentucky. Of course, Bear might kill me, but what the hey. LOL.

    I always get a little weepy when I think about the fact we don't have kids. And then my friends share their stories of child-raising with me and I feel ever so much bettah. :P

    Love ya, kiddo. Hang in there.
    C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did oldest have an issue with the g/f?

    You had better start mainlining the bloodthinners if you're gonna avoid that aneurysm...

    ...or, just mainline some chocolate. That'll help at least temporarily!

    be well,
    jenji

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.