Sunday, January 04, 2009

An Inevitable Sleepless Night

Hubby is leaving for Texas in the morning. Er, well, at around 2 AM. He'd hoped the other company in Alexandria would call him in last week so he wouldn't have to go out of state again, but there's some kind of hold up on the process there. So, he's back out to "the ditch" tomorrow. Hopefully he won't be out there very long.

I finished my bounty hunter shorty short yesterday, and printed up the guidelines so I could go over them carefully. I'm sending it off tonight to a company I've never dealt with before, so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot before they ever look at the piece. The story is a bit unconventional, it's also not a romance, but I like it. We'll see how it goes.

Come tomorrow I plan to pull out the android piece and whittle away at the revisions. Just by glancing at it, there doesn't appear to be all that much to trim, but that only means I'll end up taking three times as long to read through it. I don't know why my brain works like that, but it does. This coming week I'd like to knock out one more of those completed short stories and have it ready to send. I'm hoping Mini will let me, lol.

That's it for me. Boy, what a sleepy Sunday. I hope you've all had a pleasant weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you’re making the most of the New Year! Congratulations on the progress and best of luck with your bounty hunter story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the bounty hunter story! Submitting to anyone I know?

    I'm working on my werewolf WIP. The pieces slammed together like a freight trains at the end of last week. It's almost scary how solid and real the characters are. After I get enough of it revised to fit the epiphany, I'll be submitting it too. Wanna hold me hand? I'm nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Neoindra! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, AE! The folks I'm subbing to is an imprint (I think) of Prime. They mostly do straight up fantasy, horror, and sci-fi. We'll see what happens.

    And of course I'll hang in there with ya! *pats waiting bench* Who are you planning to sub to? I take it with the nerves it's for print? (You can email me if you'd rather not say!) ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say, Cora...

    it's not very often you visit a blog site or even open a magazine to find the following statement:

    "I plan to pull out the android piece and whittle away"

    ...I dunno why, but it just cracked me up for some reason.

    Happy New Year!

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenji, Jenji... but whittling android piece is what I do.


    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're really busy, Cora. Good luck on the submission!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^