Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year and Resolutions for 2009




Happy New Year, everyone!

I'll be back later today with my resolutions for 2009. ^_^

Ok! I'm back and uploading caffeine. This is kinda the nitty gritty, wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am version of my 2009 resolutions. To read a really stellar unresolution, New Year's resolution, I highly recommend visiting Jennifer Colgan/Bernadette Gardner. She's got her fingers on the pulse of it, and I admire her for that.

Now for my list. Here goes:

Seven Things I May or May Not Do in 2009
I resolve to...


1.)Lose at least another 10 pounds and keep it off.

2.)Keep my blood glucose at a decent level.

3.)To write for the love of writing, and see where it takes me without worrying about the "bigger picture". I did that all year 2008 and it made me absolutely, 100% miserable. Definitely not worth the stress or disappointment.

4.)I VOW to read more NEW books in 2009.

5.)I will make at least one tried and true, honest to goodness effort to find an agent this year. No, really, I will!

6.)I will finish at least one full length manuscript, revise it (instead of tucking it in a box!), and submit it to at least one publisher. OR - see #5 - an agent I've determined doesn't bathe in blood or eat small children. If it bombs, it bombs, but just to stop sitting on the damn work once I finish it... After all, life is practice through DOING.

7.)To not only focus on whether others around me are happy, but to BE HAPPY! That always sounds like such a simple thing... ^_^

That's it for me - go 2009! And once more time - Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Cora. I've been thinking the same thing about writing for the enjoyment of it. And I MUST get my finished novel revised. Shoot, I should start off 2009 by getting the pup named, lol.

    I wish you success in every aspect of your life for 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good list of goals. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.