Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Domestic Apocalypse

Hanalei Lookout01


I've spend the majority of the day trying to find my own, mini, personal zen. Or at least the will not to break out a stick and wallop people at will. From the moment I got out of bed this morning my phone has done nothing but ring, and my nerves are shot as is. I got a lovely phone call from a relative who'd heard about the issues with Oldest and decided a phone call would be a lovely and welcome way to take child rearing advice. Oh, yeah, and to tell me how I should feel at the process. That conversation...it didn't exactly go well.

After that phone call, my day was shot. I'm shaking like a chihuahua, and what I'd mostly gotten over with Oldest sort of boiled to the surface. Not a pleasant thing. And I knew I needed to calm down before anyone else called and/or Oldest made it home from school. I stared at my open wip and all I could do was replay the conversation I'd just had, so I shut down the laptop and piled up on the couch with Mini and watched Noggin.

On another note, today is my parents 41st wedding anniversary. Go mom and dad! They're saving their "date night plans" until the weekend, since dad has to work.

Writer friend AE Rought emailed me with the awesome news that got a 4.5 out of 5 review at Romance Junkies for her book Slade and Kally! Yay, AE! She's being featured over at All Romance Ebooks, so if you've got time to drop by and show her some love, please do: http://www.myspace.com/allromanceebooks

Oh! I almost forgot, finally, Sci-fi is bringing back Battlestar Galactica! It's going to be airing this Friday, January 16. So I guess we've all established where I'll be Friday night. I've got a hot date with the Cylons on radioactive wasteland Earth. Yes, indeedy.

That's it for me. I've got to go toss this salmon in the oven. You know, to feed my children and keep my motherly status, and all that. I hope you've all had a decent Tuesday. And if you didn't, hang in there. Tomorrow is hump day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, *Hugs* about that phone call. Arrrgh, I hate when people think they have the right to foist their opinion on your as if they're the only ones who know anything. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, folks catch me on a bad day, they are lucky if they only get hexed. LOL

    I just know somewhere out there is some poor schmuck who got snippy with me on a bad day and now brays out his as*h*le. rofl.

    I admire your restraint, moon sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days just start off crappy the moment we open our eyes. And really, so not anyone's business how you raise your son. I hate when people feel they can give out free advice when it's not wanted.

    Argh. As for me,today I did ABSOLUTELY nothing. I was so tired and sore from all my cleaning/rearranging yesterday that the idea of even MOVING was enough to make me queasy. This= me in a not so great mood either. *hugs* to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing worse than a buttinsky trying to fix your perceived problems because their life is oh-so-perfect. Next time, call me next, we have plenty of deadly things around here you could borrow. ^_^

    Thanks for the nod about the good review. I'm still rereading it. Yes, it is good to be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^