Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dealing With It

Black Sand Beach


Friday cannot seem to get here fast enough this week. Am I the only one feeling it? Mini woke up very early this morning but stayed in bed, cuddled up with me under warm quilts because it was so freakishly cold. I dozed on and off until the phone rang, so then began the sleepy-eyed stumbling through the house to find my cell phone. The call was from hubby, and he didn't have much to say, only good morning and that he's ready to come home. Somehow I managed to make coffee, turn up the heat, and get Mini arranged while still half-asleep. Some of it, I don't even remember. Now that's domestication. So used to the morning routine you can do it on autopilot. :P

It's been kind of a slow day, although I say that with the knowledge I've spent entirely too much time tinkering around on twitter and youtube today. I also downloaded a handful of FREE ebooks from http://www.eharlequin.com/ - they are having their 60th anniversary and giving away 16 free ebooks on their website. I picked up a few I thought I might be interested in, and I'm pointing the way in case anyone else is looking for a few free ebooks. *hint, hint*

Sometime today, I've really got to get around to cleaning up the draft of a short story that is due next week if I'm to meet the submission deadlines. After that, though, I'll be free and clear of my laundry list for the time being. I'll be able to focus on my pitch piece - that I've been writing plot cards for these past few days.

That's about it for me. It's Mini's naptime, so I better go sit with him for a bit. I hope you all have a groovy Thursday, and if it's not so great hang in there - tomorrow's Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the Friday thing--this week is dragging B A D. I think sometimes I spend days on autopilot, like the thinking part of my brain refuses to full engage. Those are the days I live on coffee and stand in the kitchen at 4 pm wondering what's for dinner.

    Thanks for the free ebook link. I'll go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autopilot ain't such a bad thing. Sometimes, it's the only thing that gets us through a tough week. *hugs*
    Friday's just around the corner. You'll have a great weekend! *sends vibes into the atmosphere*

    And thanks for the link. I could use a new read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all go get those freebies! ^_^ I think I downloaded all but 4 books.


    veri word: frespid
    Sounds like an acute mental state brought on by downloading too many ebooks. Which do you read first?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.