Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cold Saturday

Panet street during a snow storm


I have quite a bit to do today, and hopefully somewhere in all that, I'll get some writing done. Hubster is coming home tonight, and will hang around until Monday morning when he returns to work. Mini is so excited. He keeps checking the door for his daddy. I've told him it won't be until 5:30 before he gets here, but that toddler sense of time is five minutes or nothing.

I've been tagged by Nancy Henderson. Rules are: Link to the person who tagged you; write down six things that make you happy; post the rules; tag six others and let them know you’ve done it; tell the person who tagged you when your entry is up.

Ok. I'm gonna be straight with this one. Most people say family, kids, spouses, parents, siblings, etc. etc. with the happy list. I think that's kind of a cheat, because while we LOVE them, and yes, we do experience happy times with them, happy is an internal thing. Either you're a happy person or you aren't. If you are, you'll find little things around you every day that make you happy. And if you aren't a happy person...well, you're just a miserable old shoe and I doubt anyone would tag such a scrouge for a list anyway. So no family on this list. No loved ones. No pets. That is too damn easy. And besides that, family is sort of like hard candy - sweet, but after a while it hurts your teeth. Now for the list:

Six things that make me happy

6.)Peace - and there is by far not enough of it.

5.)Being debt free - ok, I haven't known that particular happy for a while.

4.)Quiet - not silence but quiet. Silence can be scary. But it makes me happy when things are just quiet enough for you to really sit and think.

3.)Having everything in order - I can't be happy if there's something that must be done, but I can't get to it. That makes for misery with me. Potential insanity too. And I promise to drive everyone else in the house nuts too until it's resolved, because I will absolutely obsess over it until it's finished/done/out of the way.

2.)When I turned 31, I finally learned to accept myself, freckles and all. I did it by finding my own personal comfort level, and if anything falls outside of that, I don't go there! Sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I haven't looked back since. If someone doesn't think my day to day personality is good enough, I find new company. C'est la vie!

1.)writing - I'm truly not happy unless I'm writing something. It doesn't have to be profound, salable, or even make sense to anyone but me. But writing is my outlet, it's where I jot down my thoughts, and when I can't do that, I feel like my hands are tied. Writing. Great therapy. If I couldn't write, I'd die.

*And the five point bonus for my own personal happy: Cutting out things that make me unhappy. What a difference that makes to one's well being!

So there you have it! Now I think I'm supposed to tag some folks. OK, how about Leah Braemel, Marley Delarose, Tamara, Isabelle, Neoindra, and AE. All taggage is, of course, voluntary. ~_^

I hope you all have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Woot! I'm on my way to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^