Saturday, December 13, 2008

So Sleepy

I stayed up entirely too late last night, and my only excuse is that I was multi-tasking. I wanted to get to a certain point in this short story I'm working on, so I'd write a few paragraphs then hit the Money Tree over at Neopets. Write again, then hit Neopets again. It's a miracle my story didn't take an odd twist into Neopia, but somehow I managed to stay on track.

I think it was just too late for me to thoroughly concentrate, but I had too much on my mind to get to sleep. Earlier in the day I'd come up with this story arc and I jotted it down in note form on an envelope by my computer, but I kept worrying I'd forget these little details I wanted to throw in there. When I get like this, it's pretty much pointless to resist it. I knew I wouldn't get any rest until I'd typed it out.

Tonight I won't be able to stay up so late, though. And I'm in the middle of reading a book that's proving really hard to put down: Robots, an anthology edited by Jack Dann and Gardner Dozois.



The book has 9 stories in it. I've read through 4 so far, and I've loved every one of them. That's got to be some kind of record for me as far as anthologies go. I'll probably finish this one up tonight.

That's it for me. I'm going to take advantage of the quite while I can. I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.