Monday, December 29, 2008

Recapping 2008





Anyone else counting down the days to 2009? Every year I do a recap, what made the year memorable for me, or special, or utterly horrendous. The BIG things that effected me, so I can look back on it years from now and laugh, cry, or cringe. Whatever the effect, right? So here is my list of the memorable moments of 2008 in no particular order, the bad with the good.

1.)Nadia
2.)and Max. I still cry for them when I allow myself to think about it.
3.)Our Chancey Pup passed away.
4.)Mom and dad finally got into their new house.
5.)Summer vacation: My first dip in the Atlantic Ocean!
6.)Summer vacation: My first trip to BLGH!
7.)Oldest's first date, and paying for senior prom. AKA: that overall shocked feeling that my baby is growing up.
8.)The publishing industry crisis.
9.)Gas prices spiking to near $4.00 a gallon during a recession - Washington can call it whatever the hell they like.
10.)The neverending, neverending, never-effing-ending coverage of the 2008 PRE-presidental election. Thank the saints that shit is over! Now the media whores news anchors can get back to ambulance chasing.
11.)Joining the RWA, and attending my first local conference.
12.)The hell that is Houston traffic.

If I can think of anything else, I'll likely come back and add to the list. Those are just the things that come immediately to mind. On a scale of 1-10, my rating for 2008 has hovered somewhere around a 2 almost all year. As you can probably guess, I'm banking on 2009 to make for a much, much better year!

8 comments:

  1. What a neat idea for a yearly recap...I tend to do Favorite books of 2008, popular blog posts, that kind of thing. But most memorable things is something I'll have to try on my personal blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping 2009 is a better year, too. I'm going to do a year end recap soon (before I write my goals for next year). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice, I'll have to drop by and check out your lists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, I haven't yet faced my goals for next year. ~_~" I'll have to come check yours out. Maybe you can give me some pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were to follow your lead, Cora, I'd have to add my newest friends; Cerri and you! And Slade and Kally being #1 at Samhain for a week, and ARe announcing they've picked it for the January ebook club. All BIG blessings for me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recap! I haven't even set my writing goals for '09. I need to get going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks AE. *hugs* And congrats on Kelly and Slade hitting #1!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me and you both, Nancy. I really need to sit down and plan some writing goals this year.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^