Friday, December 05, 2008

Getting Ready




Late last night I managed to finish smoothing the final chapter of my wip, and I finally sent it off to Ravenous Romance. Yay! That will probably be my last submission for the year, unless I somehow manage to crank out another short story. With the way things are going right now, I don't know if I'll have the time to even sit and plot anything. I do have two books on disk that I need to revise and submit, though, and I really should pull those out and work on them.

Today, I jumped out of bed and checked the scales. It's day 5 of Atkins induction and I've lost a total of six pounds. Woot! I made breakfast for the Minibear and myself : scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, and pan sausage. Then I sat down and took care of the bills so I would have everything out of the way to focus on getting things ready for the NOLA Stars Chapter Christmas Party tomorrow.

Since I'm on induction, I'm going to bring Atkins friendly stuff like mini sausages and devilled eggs to the party. If I can get Mini to bed at a decent hour, I'm might even attempt a crust-free pumpkin cheese cake as well. We'll see...because sometime during all this hustle and bustle, I need to do my nails! ^_^

Oh, and while shopping for goodies today, I bought an extra pack of lithium extra strength superdy-duperdy camera batteries. No one will be safe from my lens! I'll post pictures on Facebook sometime over the weekend.

Happy Friday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Good job on getting a job finished.I resubbed my vampire nocturne and have two others out the door since then.

    My husband has done really well on Atkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on resubbing, Melisse! I have my fingers crossed for you! :)

    So far so good on Atkins. I did it before and lost 30 lbs. Here's hoping I can do it again! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the six pound weight loss, but Holy Moly, eggs, cheese, bacon AND pan sausage? That would kill me. Atkins obviously doesn't worry about cholesterol levels. Guess as long as you're thin it doesn't matter about your clogged arteries?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah! Nope, there's no worry about cholesteral, but they tell you the best oils and things to use. (The 2002 version of the Atkins book is the best of the lot when it comes to the diet itself.) Anyway, if you cut carbs down to 20 or less per day, and do the induction for 2 weeks, it actually lowers your bad cholesteral levels and triglycerides. I'm not sure how it works, but it does the trick. ~_^

    With me, though, it's more about blood glucose. After 2 months on Atkins the first time, I no longer needed insulin. That was pretty exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.