Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Counting the Minutes





I'm counting the minutes to 2009. I'm so ready for 2008 to be over, I've already switched calendars.

I submitted a short story oh...what was it? Monday night? Tuesday in the wee hours of the morning? Anyway, that one is out the door, and I finished a shorty short last night. It's a fun little magazine anthology piece that I've spent a good part of the day polishing so I can send it on it's merry way tonight. Once I'm done with that one, I imagine I'll have a drink and watch the new Resident Evil movie on DVD until it's time to watch the ball drop on TV. Oh, yeah, I will definitely be staying up to ring in the New Year. 2008 - I wish I could say it's been fun. But I digress... by the end of January, I hope to have another 2 stories out the door and floating around in submission land.

I've been thinking about New Years resolutions as well as writing goals for 2009. So far I'm still compiling the list. I do know I want to lose another 20 lbs. (I've already lost 10), and I'd like to at least send a query to an agent or two. I'll think about all that tonight and post a list tomorrow. I like to keep up the tradition. :)

I hope the rest of you are as excited as I am about 2009. If I had one, I'd put on one of those ridiculous New Year's party hats and dance around the house wearing it while sipping Frangelico. I swear I would.

Happy hump day, y'all. And happy new year's eve!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Years! I've posted my resolutions already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! May 2009 bring you every success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Cora. And fingers crossed for your subs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! I hope the publisher buys your story and that every other wish comes true.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^