Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Cold Day in the Writing Cave





I stayed up until 2 AM writing and waiting for this alleged snowfall to happen. It rained, but the snow never came. Wah. I got up this morning and discovered that well, it did happen, just not in North Louisiana. The snow moved south and blanketed New Orleans and a patch of Mississippi. Bah humbug. I wanted to smack hubby with a snowball!

Whoever wrote the article says that North Louisiana gets an average of one snow per year. I wonder if that person lives here. We usually get one ice storm a year. Not snow. It's definitely not the same thing. On the otherhand, the snow, ice, missing out on making a snowman...at least we don't have to worry about power outages. Surely if it snowed here we'd be out for days. If a bird lands on the highlines we're without power. Snow? Catastrophe!

It is cold today though. I didn't want to crawl out of bed, and not just because I stayed up so darn late, either. When I did finally get up, I couldn't wait to wrap my frost bitten, ice cube fingers hands around a cup of hot coffee.

I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of Open Office, although this is only a temporary work platform for me. I plan to buy MS Office after the holidays are up. Heck, it took me long enough to learn MS Office! Although, thanks to Isabelle Santiago I now know how to make comments using Open Office. Yeah, yeah, I'm slow....
Onto publishing news.... According to GalleyCat, Marlene Stringer, formerly of the Barbara Bove Literary Agency, has left to start her own agency. It's an amicable split, and she will be taking a handful of clients with her. I'm not sure if she's accepting clients, but if you're currently on an agent hunt, it might be worth your while to search out the Stringer Literary Agency.
I told myself I wouldn't start working on a project until after Christmas. Whenver will I learn? Just when I get my thoughts organized to do one thing, my muse, aka "teh wench" pokes her head up and says, "Oh really?" So as of last night, I'm well into a sci-fi erotica shorty short, and I have no one to blame but myself. We'll see how it goes....
Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^