Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote Sexy...and Featured Author Jeff Rivera!

Today has been a long day. Both boys were home today, and the phone's been ringing off the hook with reminders to get out and make my opinion count at the polls. Well, I did just that. I rocked the vote. Hubby and I managed to get out last minute and make a dash to the local fire station to cast our ballots. The polls are closed here in Louisiana now, and it is surreal to be a part of this history making election. My vote is just one small voice, but as small as it is....

I give special thanks to the women who blazed the trail for women's suffrage, that made it possible for me to cast my ballot today.

To me, the RIGHT to vote, is far more important to me that who makes it to the White House. There are people in the world who are still fighting for the right to do something so simple as what I did today. It's something to think about. If there is still time in your area, I hope you'll go out and cast your ballot. Remember, y'all, voting is sexy.

Speaking of sexy.... Romance! I haven't read many modern, urban romances, so this is still a new genre for me. However, what is there not to like about a hero who has made mistakes, but realizes when he's about to be a father, he makes it his mission to reform himself?

In Jeff Rivera's Forever My Lady, Dio Rodriguez grew up on the streets and knew all too well the hard, cool feeling of the barrel of a gun tucked down the back of his jeans. But his hard exterior softened when he met Jennifer. Jennifer understands Dio like no one else and makes him want to be a better man. Suddenly a drive-by shooting lands Dio in a prison boot camp and sends Jennifer to the hospital. When Dio learns that Jennifer is pregnant, he realizes that he must find a way to turn his life around and return to his lady. But can trainee Rodriguez get his act together among the hardcases in prison? And will Jennifer be waiting for him if and when he does?

Forever My Lady has been on many hot lists, and has received some truly stellar reviews, including an award for Best Urban Romance. This book is out through Warner Books/Grand Central Publishing.

Author Jeff Rivera has answered a few questions about his book....

What challenges in writing a love story from a male's perspective did you encounter?
My greatest challenge was worrying if my female readers would have any desire to read a love story from a male perspective. Cora, I soon found that they did want to and I've felt really good about the emails I've been receiving from women and men about how much the book moved them and how much they could relate to it.

What are you working on next?
Now I'm working on a Young Adult book. I love writing love stories and stories for young people.

How can readers contact you, and where can they pick up a copy of your book?
You can pick up a copy of Forever My Lady at your local bookstore, my website www.jeffrivera.com, or Amazon.com

For those interested in a direct BUY LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Forever-My-Lady-Jeff-Rivera/dp/0446545562/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225855063&sr=8-2

To find out more about Jeff Rivera, please visit his website at http://www.jeffrivera.com/

Thanks for dropping by Jeff, I wish you much success with your book!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^