Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Home At Last

It's been a long day! Yesterday, Mini was complaining of a tummy ache, so I gave him a bit of MoM. Nothing happened. Tummy discomfort remained. He still hadn't gone to the bathroom by the time I put him to bed. I worried about that, knowing I would have to take him with me to Ruston when I drove mom to the doctor, so it was decided that someone would have to stay home with him. Thankfully, Hubby took up the mantle.

He stayed with Mini today while I took mom to her appointment. I got up at 6 and left the house around 8. I dropped by the gas station for a fill up, then hopped on over to mom's and waited for her while she let the doggy outside to pee. :P We locked up and drove to Ruston. Mom isn't very good with explaining directions, but I had an idea of where the office was and found it, easy peasy. It was off of Maryland Ave, directly down the street from where my grandmother used to live.

I stuck around with mom until she was called in, then I drove across town to Office Depot and picked up a copy of Panda Internet Security 2009. Last night, when I went to work on the clean up of those final two chapters, I brought up my files and suddenly I was hit with getting a swarm of popups - ones I couldn't clear out. Well, foo.

I stayed up until 2 am scanning with AdAware, Spy Hunter, Trend PC Micro - which was my main anti-virus until earlier today. Everything would identify that I had a Virtumonde infection, but nothing would get rid of it. Le sigh. No writing or clean-up done *sob*, I left the computer on in quarantine mode and I went to bed dreaming of lost files and shuffling the program aisles of the Apple Store in Houston, unable to find what I was looking for.

But back to Ruston.... I'd just come out of Office Depot and got off the phone with hubby when Mom rang me. I hurried back across town and when I turned onto the street, I could see her standing under the alcove waiting for me. She slipped into the Jeep and we left.

After the doctor, mom and I went out to eat Chinese. Darn it, I was sooo tired, and lunch was relaxing...it's a miracle I didn't fall asleep in my plate. :P I took her on home after that, and checked the mail for her before I came on home.

It was good to get out of the house, but I feel like I've been dragged and beaten. I am sooooo tired. Mini swore up and down I'd "got away" - lol. I rearranged a few things around the house, got settled, stripped out Trend PC, and installed the new Panda software. Hubby bundled Mini in a coat and shoes and took him for a quick ride to the store, and while they were gone, I set the scan running and left it while I crashed across the bed.

So here it is, 6 pm, and the house is a wreck. I need to toss some laundry into the wash and pick something to cook for supper. Oh, and I got Oldest's progress report today as well. I'm not too happy in that department, and I've told him yet again I'm not taking him on a week longraduation trip to Japan if there is a single D (or lower) on his report card between now and graduation. Since we'd have to take out a major loan for this trip, which he claims he wants to take, but doesn't seem to want to work for academically, my terms are 100%, cry all you want to, NON-negotiable. And at this point, he's pushing his luck. But that's news for another day....

I hope you're all well. Happy hump day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your day was as busy as mine.

    How's Mini by the way? Or is his tummy still off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Busy day. I did a bunch of nothing yesterday (I did write--I'm in a Samhain give-away story thingy as Savvy, and I'm still tired today. This weather is killing me and my RA. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^