Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Home At Last

It's been a long day! Yesterday, Mini was complaining of a tummy ache, so I gave him a bit of MoM. Nothing happened. Tummy discomfort remained. He still hadn't gone to the bathroom by the time I put him to bed. I worried about that, knowing I would have to take him with me to Ruston when I drove mom to the doctor, so it was decided that someone would have to stay home with him. Thankfully, Hubby took up the mantle.

He stayed with Mini today while I took mom to her appointment. I got up at 6 and left the house around 8. I dropped by the gas station for a fill up, then hopped on over to mom's and waited for her while she let the doggy outside to pee. :P We locked up and drove to Ruston. Mom isn't very good with explaining directions, but I had an idea of where the office was and found it, easy peasy. It was off of Maryland Ave, directly down the street from where my grandmother used to live.

I stuck around with mom until she was called in, then I drove across town to Office Depot and picked up a copy of Panda Internet Security 2009. Last night, when I went to work on the clean up of those final two chapters, I brought up my files and suddenly I was hit with getting a swarm of popups - ones I couldn't clear out. Well, foo.

I stayed up until 2 am scanning with AdAware, Spy Hunter, Trend PC Micro - which was my main anti-virus until earlier today. Everything would identify that I had a Virtumonde infection, but nothing would get rid of it. Le sigh. No writing or clean-up done *sob*, I left the computer on in quarantine mode and I went to bed dreaming of lost files and shuffling the program aisles of the Apple Store in Houston, unable to find what I was looking for.

But back to Ruston.... I'd just come out of Office Depot and got off the phone with hubby when Mom rang me. I hurried back across town and when I turned onto the street, I could see her standing under the alcove waiting for me. She slipped into the Jeep and we left.

After the doctor, mom and I went out to eat Chinese. Darn it, I was sooo tired, and lunch was's a miracle I didn't fall asleep in my plate. :P I took her on home after that, and checked the mail for her before I came on home.

It was good to get out of the house, but I feel like I've been dragged and beaten. I am sooooo tired. Mini swore up and down I'd "got away" - lol. I rearranged a few things around the house, got settled, stripped out Trend PC, and installed the new Panda software. Hubby bundled Mini in a coat and shoes and took him for a quick ride to the store, and while they were gone, I set the scan running and left it while I crashed across the bed.

So here it is, 6 pm, and the house is a wreck. I need to toss some laundry into the wash and pick something to cook for supper. Oh, and I got Oldest's progress report today as well. I'm not too happy in that department, and I've told him yet again I'm not taking him on a week longraduation trip to Japan if there is a single D (or lower) on his report card between now and graduation. Since we'd have to take out a major loan for this trip, which he claims he wants to take, but doesn't seem to want to work for academically, my terms are 100%, cry all you want to, NON-negotiable. And at this point, he's pushing his luck. But that's news for another day....

I hope you're all well. Happy hump day!


  1. Sounds like your day was as busy as mine.

    How's Mini by the way? Or is his tummy still off?

  2. Wow! Busy day. I did a bunch of nothing yesterday (I did write--I'm in a Samhain give-away story thingy as Savvy, and I'm still tired today. This weather is killing me and my RA. *sigh*


Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.