Monday, October 13, 2008

Leave it to the guys....

Behold our Halloween pumpkin. *sigh* It's sitting on the old well in our side yard. Hubby took Mini on a little outing on Sunday and brought back a pumpkin. I thought he'd carve something simple, and Mini would get a kick out of it.

Well, hubby made the pumpkin have these jagged teeth to start - it was easier to carve that way, or so he said. *men* Anyway, Mini bawled because the pumpkin was "scary", so hubby sawed all the jagged teeth off of it. Of course that made the mouth too big, and so he saved the whole lot by making a pukin' pumpkin.

Sigh.

Yesterday, I took Mini around in the wagon and HE told me the story. "See, Mimi, the punkin isn't scary anymore. He's silly!" Yes, indeed. And very likely intoxicated. Thank goodness, Mini's too young to know what that means. :P

I finished the clean up on my freebie story tonight, and sent the final bit off to my crit partner to check it over. She doesn't think I'm serious, but I mean it when I say she's like the Angela Knight to my Diane Whiteside. Rock on, sister! *victory fist* If everything goes according to plan, the freebie should be up in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, I'm taking a BREAK. Damn straight on that! I'm going to read a stack of smuttily delicious erotic romances I picked up at BAM over the weekend. The sale table was stacked with them, and I swear, I picked up one of each.

Anyway, I'm off to bed for now. It's after midnight on one clock, and almost to it on another. Eh. Good enough. Pleasant dreams, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. LOL about the puking pumpkin. When our kids were little, we had a big tradition of going out and picking the pumpkin and carving it up - did some pretty good ones. But the puking one is something I'd only just seen this year. My eldest would have begged me to do that if he'd seen it.

    Good on cleaning up the freebie, and on taking a break. You deserve it. You deserve if for what you've gone through with Pinkie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort* Love the pumpkin. The husband has a great sense of humor. ;)

    And ENJOY YOUR BREAK! It is much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Enjoy your break! I'm really looking forward for your freebie! I can't wait to read it

    Peggy ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby is proud of his pukin' pumpkin - he has it as the wall paper on his phone. ~_~' LOL!! I guess it's a guy thing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isy, LOL @ the pumpkin! ^_^ And I'm totally taking advantage of my break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Peggy! The freebie has been sent out to the cover goddess and it should be up very soon.

    I'll be posting a blurb and cover image this week as well, so keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^