Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Countdown to Houston

This morning, hubby sent a text message that read: Two days to go!

My response: OMG, I M so ready.

Mentally, physically ready anyway. I still have packing to do, and tomorrow I have to get all the laundry caught up and the bills sent out for the week. Thursday is looking like it's going to be a busy, busy day for me.

My urban fantasy story is moving along nicely. I still don't have a title for it yet, but it's my major project right now. It's also my wip "baby". I've been tweaking the plot a bit, moving elements around to try and balance it out. Right now it's a bit "running" heavy, and I'm trying to fix that. I need a little more one-on-one conflict.

Aside from that, I'm quite excited about this story. It's very dark, but at the same time it's fun and a little dangerous. I'm really looking forward to feedback on this one once I get it out to my crit partners, although I still have a long way to go before I get it to that point. This one is set up to be full length, but at this point I'm no where NEAR 90k. We will see....

Anyway, that's what I've got. Nothing too terribly exciting going on right now. Hope you all have a happy Wednesday! ~_^

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're working on your "baby"! There's nothing like the thrill on working on THE story! :)

    Two days to go! PACK woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a busy busy time. Have a blast while you're gone to make up for the mess/stress now.

    You're lucky to focus on your WIP baby. I have some many stories in the works, my baby's been a little neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabelle, I'm such a slacker. WHY do I always wait to pack last minute? Seriously. Why do I do that to myself?

    I'm sure somewhere on blogger I've mentioned some lame mental reasoning that has something to do with laundry and waiting for some particular article of clothing. But I can't remember if that excuse worked the last time I used it... *pondering*

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. AE, the "baby" WIP has been calling me to the point of madness. All last week I'd wake up in the middle of the night and jot down notes for it. I finally gave in and broke out the whole thing for some straight on writing time with it. I just couldn't leave it alone any longer.

    I have two rough drafts finished for two other stories, one of them I finished way back in August. *_* They both need my attention and a major polish, but I just can't seem to focus on them right now.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^