Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weekend Books and DSL

Surprise!  Four beautiful blue Robin's eggs.  This is May 16, 2003


I have been a total slacker today. I wrote for about an hour this morning, then put the freebie wip away and went to poke through the stack of books I have waiting to be read. I read for a little while, then somehow ended up on myspace when I'd planned to research something for a book. Ah well, I hadn't updated myspace since February. Now that I'm on DSL, I'm actually able to load the pages, so I viewed my comments and went through my friend request.

Tonight after the Mini Beast is in bed, I'll break out the freebie wip again. I should have plenty of quiet time to write. Oldest is staying with friends, and hubby can't stay up too late because he has to work tomorrow. Until further notice, he is working 7 days. It's an exhausting schedule for all of us, but we plan to make the most of it - and put back as much money in the bank as possible. By the end of the year, this job should be winding down and ready for lay-offs.

Dad came by today and it was a fun visit. He got down on the floor and tickle-fought with Mini, who is super whiney since he's not feeling all that great, but nonetheless had a great time wallowing all over his pawpaw. ^_^

When he left Mini and I went to take a nap nap and I completely forgot that I agreed to bring Mini with me and meet him up at the Panda for dinner. He got home and said, "Why haven't you answered the phone?" Uh, we were snoozing? And then I remembered the dinner plans.... oops! We got Mini beast dressed in tidy clothes and went up for dinner. Thankfully it wasn't too crowded, and the shrimp was goooood. Mini didn't want to eat much, but I did manage to get a few bites in him. We got home and I hung out with Mini while he romped in the front yard and played in the sandbox and Cozy Coupe. We stayed out until it started getting dark and the mosquitos started nibbling. Not long after we came in, Oldest called to say he was staying the night with friends.

Overall it's been a quiet and pleasant day. Hopefully tomorrow will be more of the same. Well, time to put the Mini beast in the bath. I hope you're all having a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^