Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Blogging From A-R-K

So, we evacuated to Arkansas this morning and I can honestly say God Bless Air Conditioning. We stayed home through the heaviest part of the storms last night, no lights, no a/c, just pacing around the house and trying to stay cool and not bite each other's heads off. It was absolutely miserable.

We had the front door and the windows open, and the winds were strong, strong, strong! But the house stayed stifling hot because they'd whip forward then switch directly sharply and swirl away from the house. You could hear the pressure poppin in the walls, but you couldn't catch a breeze. We have a clear, plastic wind spiral hanging from a hook between the den and the dining room and it didn't even sway. Not even a trickle of wind.

Water managed to sweep into the house, however. We toweled up as much of it as we could, but when I get home I'm going to have to take everything out of Mini's room and our bedroom closet so I can thoroughly mop the floors. Joy, joy, joy...

Anyway, come morning I told hubby there was no way I was staying in that mess until Wednesday night/Thursday morning for the lights to come back on. I slept for an hour at most last night, and look about as appealing right now as Nick Nolte's mug shot. Hubby didn't play around. He got online and booked us a room in El Dorado through Orbitz then we literally packed up in 10 minutes time and left. I'm soooo glad we didn't have to travel terribly far from home.

So there it is: Us. Gustav. Evacuation. Arkansas.

I may not be back in to post for a few days, but rest assured everything is fine and the contest is still on. If you need contest details, just scroll down a few posts and read the Official Rules.

That's it for me today. I'll be back as soon!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're safe anyway, Cora. Hopefully the house will be okay when you get back. You guys look after yourselves.

    (Weird about it being so windy and yet none coming in the house.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care, Cora. I hope you're back home safe soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.