Thursday, August 07, 2008

Let me count the ways

07 2008 - 12


I give so much love to Blogger, and I swear they hate me. They erased ALL the comments from Wednesday, and Tuesday, too, I think. Darn outages! Grr... So if you posted a comment here and it's now missing, I'm terribly sorry. *points finger at Blogger tech people*

I printed up Chapter 9 of the OMGICBIGTFAQ wip so I could tweak it on paper. It's the only thing that works for me with those really messy chapters. I started red penning notes on it earlier, and I've got my post-its out to mark passages, but it's hard to concentrate with Mini singing to Diego and alternately climbing in my lap and tugging at my T shirt. I decided to put it aside for now and pull it out again in a few hours. Basically, I'm gonna massacre this chapter once the kids go to bed tonight. *evil hand wringing*

Until then, I'm working on plot cards for a second piece. It's another one of those I can't believe I quit pieces, and it's sitting at around 40-50k because I have no idea where to go with this story beyond the first few coherent chapters. (Hm. I'm seeing a trend in my own writing...) This story a contemporary romance, and I absolutely love the beginning of this book - but after about 7 chapters it fizzles to nothing. *sigh* I'm hoping note cards will help me find the right direction to take the book so I can see it through to the end. I'd really hate to waste a beginning like that.

Oh, yeah, note to self: Idiot creature, never, never, ever attempt more than one project at a time again!!! It's definitely more trouble than it's worth. :S Honestly, I don't know how so many authors do it.

It's rumbling thunder outside and the wind is blowing pretty strong, so I guess I'll find a stopping point for today. I hope you've all had a great day, and if not, take heart - tomorrow's Friday! *dance, dance*

4 comments:

  1. I can't focus on more than one project at a time either. I can have more than one going, but I HAVE to have a buffer between them.

    Once I finally accepted that about myself, I got much more prolific.

    Good times with the latenight oil-burning. Hope you're stocked with coffee.

    PS: I read Heart On Fire and really liked it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora, so sorry to hear about the many technical difficulties this week! Honestly, you aren't the only one though...I think the world is having an epidemic of computer gremlins. All my systems at work were down when I went in, my bluetooth thingy is having issues w/ my laptop, the altell internet thing stopped working, and finally the GPS system kept telling me to turn onto streets that SO were not there while I was in Houston last night picking up my new car. Incidentally, I have to get the locking thing on my drivers side door fixed since it won't unlock w/ power control. Lol, lord what I wouldn't give for a can of Raid at this point...The upside? I have found sheer stubborness and willfullness will generally override the tech issues. *Crosses fingers* I hope the tech issues get better for you. Oh, and btw, congrats on the new laptop; sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen, I made it through the oil-burning session. So there's one step forward. Just gotta chip at it little by little, and sooner or later I'll make it to the end.

    BTW, I'm so glad to hear you liked Heart on Fire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sasha. :) I can't wait to see the new comp. I'm trying to keep my mind busy while waiting for it. LOL

    Pass the Raid. I believe you...it's got to be gremlins. Three other people I chat with are having computer issues as well. It's amazing all the tech difficulties.

    And how scary about that GPS issue!! *_* Houston traffic scares the bejeezus out of me to start, I can only imagine if my GPS was on the fritz.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^