Saturday, August 23, 2008

Good News Saturday

100_2747 - Bellagio Cover


Hubby is working today, and Oldest is out mowing the lawn for some extra cash. I plan to take the boys grocery shopping with me a little later in the day. I also need to do some birthday scouting. My birthday is coming up on the 28th, and Oldest's is on the 29th. I know for sure we're taking him out to a Japanese restaurant, and we're going to go see Babylon AD at the theater. Vin Diesel... *daydreams*

Anyway! :*>

I'm not sure yet, but I may just bake a cake this year instead of ordering one. Then again I also thought about possibly ordering one of those big chocolate chip cookies frosted with happy birthday on it. If I could get a cake with some anime girl giving the V sign I'd do it, because that's really his thing. :P

For some exciting news...I got a phone call this morning from the category chair in the NW Houston Lone Star Writing Competition. My manuscript "Love Fool" has finalled in the short contemporary category! Yay!

*confetti* *chicken dance* *booty wiggle* *moonwalk*


For today's agenda, I plan to celebrate by grocery shopping, putting away laundry, and running the dishwasher - possibly twice. ^_^ Then, hopefully there will be time to sit down and crochet for a few minutes to get started on that scarf for the mommyperson.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finally, Cora. And in case I miss it (which I'm likely to do since I'm horrible at dates) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^