Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday LOLs

cat


I finished a novella last night, and I'm letting it settle over the weekend before I begin a print and cleanup. *thumbs up* I have no idea where I'm going to submit this thing when it's ready. I'd thought possibly Red Sage, but it may not be hot enough. It's too long for Nocturne Bites. I'm thinking maybe Samhain or Cobblestone. I'll have a better grasp on it once the clean up is done. Maybe once my crit partner gets ahold of it, she'll give me her two-bits on where she'd sub it. To me, it seems like it's more paranormal with erotic romance elements, rather than a straight up erotic romance. Hmmm....

Anyway, I'm taking out one of my other unfinished wips over the weekend and giving it the index card treatment. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to work on L/F - which is straight contemporary, or to tug out the old demon wip and dust it off. I'm thinking the whole plot cards thing might do a world of good on the demons, but it might take a few days to get all the plot cards written out and arranged. We will see.

If nothing else, I finished two more stories this year - the Bite story, and now this wip - in addition to the two anthologies this year. Whether the new stories sell or not remains to be seen, but the important thing is that I've at least done something. I've felt like such a slacker lately, like I'm long overdue another release. It's got to be a mental hangup. :P

Today I plan to read a bit more of Desert King, Pregnant Mistress by Susan Stephens. I was telling a friend the other day I've been kinda in the mood to read a good old fashioned Greek-Sheikh-shipping.magnate-wealthy.corporate.god-prince-playboy with a secret baby romance. What's not to love, ya know? Damn, but I miss Charlotte Lamb. She wrote some awesome grumpy playboys. Anyway, I've seasoned my TBR stack with some tasty sounding Harlequins. I plan to glut on them over the weekend. *evil handwringing*

cat


At some point I need to do something with these two balls of yarn that keep staring at me. It's a purply blue mixed with pink - sort of a fun fur kind of yarn I picked up from the store the last time I was forced to made an errand run. I thought it would make a nifty scarf for the mommyperson. She is queen of the pixie cut, and I don't know how she does it. I'd freeze my ears off going that short. Oh, oh!!!! Speaking of ears!! Tasteless joke ahead. Here's your two minute warning.

1...2...OK, don't want to read a bad joke? Look away! Look away now!

This little gem is from my hubster. What can I say? Construction worker humor.
:*>

LITTLE JOHNNY STRIKES AGAIN

Little Johnny's next door neighbors had a baby. Unfortunately, the baby was born without ears. When mother and new baby came home from the hospital, Johnny's family was invited over to see the baby.

Before they left their house, Little Johnny's dad had a talk with him, and explained that the baby had no ears. His dad also told him that if he so much as mentioned anything about the baby's missing ears or even said the word ears, he would get the whipping of his life when they came back home.

Little Johnny assured his dad he understood completely.

When they got to the house and went upstairs to see the baby, Johnny looked in the crib and said, 'What a beautiful baby.'

The mother said, 'Why, thank you, Little Johnny.'

Johnny said, 'He has beautiful little feet and beautiful little hands, a cute little nose and really beautiful eyes. Can he see?'

'Yes,' the mother replied, 'We are so thankful; the Doctor said he will have 20/20 vision.'

'That's great,' said Little Johnny, 'Cuz he'd be screwed if he needed glasses!'


Alrighty then! I'm going to go check my karma and do a few good deeds to burn that one off. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great joke. :)
    As for the story, go with Samhain (just my opinion, for what it's worth), Angie is an awesome person and, from everyone I've talked to, a great person to work with. Good luck with the submission wherever you send it. Have a great weekend.
    P.S. I've been reading a lot, found some great first books in series- Heart of Stone by C.E. Murphy, Poison Study by Maria Snyder, The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout- all have me wanting the next book in the series. But no shieks. (just one secret baby). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm writing down those titles, Ann. I haven't read any of those.

    I'm hearing the same thing about Samhain. We'll see what happens once I get the book polished and ready to submit. I really won't know until then how hot the heat level will be, and that can make a difference in who I choose.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^