Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Sunday That Was

Over the last few days my computer has been fritzing a bit - and geez, downloading updates like crazy. I thought it must be some glitchy kind of thing. Or a patch - I have no idea. But today I found out through the lovely Leah Braemel that Windows has finally axed Windows XP and everything is going to Windows Vista. All the wacked out downloads are from Windows updating everything to service pack 3. Gee thanks for the special notice, Microsoft!!

Anyway, since I don't really have anything much to say about the weekend (I've been working on edits for chapter 3 of my manuscript) I thought I'd make a post to commemorate the wonderfulness that is Windows, and in particular, Windows Vista. Enjoy!

Computer Error Messages That We Can ALL Understand














hahahaha! I love that "It's my first day" button. I need one of those! ^_^









This is my favorite one - since it's kind of small, I'll retype it for you.
Unknown error. Windows has encountered an unknown error. The error is unknown because the guy who wrote this part of the code quit a while back and he was like really really smart and the rest of us are not really sure how this works or what to do. BTW, if you are that guy, please give us a call and let us know what to do.
Priceless. Bwahahahahahaha!!!





Fun, no?! Special thanks to hubby for sending these to me. ^_^

6 comments:

  1. Now see, I thought my computer hated me, but now I see it is a global conspiracy and all computers hate humans.

    Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, and I'm slow to boot.... I just "got" the Your TV Is Lonely one - Hardware Conflict! Bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we were getting really frustrated the other day when none of our computers could connect to the internet. Thank the good Lord that I'm married to a Gizmo Guy who has computers with multiple operating systems - he started one on Ubuntu or Vista and could get out and discovered the Zone Alarm glitch. It took two days more before Zone Alarm sent anything out on how to fix it. Some people may not encounter any problems at all when it upgrades to Service Pack 3, but others - well, I've heard horror stories. So make sure your writing (and pictures and anything else that's important to you) is backed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cora, those are hilarious. Thanks for sharing them.

    My favorite real error from the past was 'Disk I/O error. Replace the disk and hit any key.' Now what genius wrote that instead of "Your floppy is in the drive - remove it and hit a key."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great- I love the User error- replace user on- I could sure use that one at work. :)
    P.S. So far I haven't had any updates trying to steal my XP (I'm keeping my XP as long as I can). My tech geek says that Open Source looks more like XP than Vista does, might have to switch to that, and hey- free. (She's also looking at Ubuntu for her own computer- I'll have to see how it goes for her).

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^