Thursday, July 17, 2008

Date Day and Hellboy 2

Black swallowtail caterpillar on dill 1


What a great day! Mom came early this morning and picked up MiniBear and Oldest. I ran around setting the dishes washing, made the beds, and picked up the toys out of the den before making my way to the closet to pick out something to wear. I ended up in cut-offs and flip flops - c'est chic! - and a smocked navy shirt. Hubby took the windows off the Jeep, so at the last minute I ran back in the house and grabbed a hairband and a pony tail holder. I don't like hair flapping around my face.

We drove up to Ruston and watched Hellboy 2 - what a fun movie! It starts out with John Hurt telling Hellboy (as a child) about a golden army created by fae/goblin folk in order to destroy humans. But, the army was automated and felt no remorse so it killed everything and anyone - men, women, children. And the fae/goblin king split up his golden crown, which is needed to control the army. The king's son decides he's had enough with what humanity has done to earth, etc. so he sets out to bring the pieces of the crown back together to summon the sleeping army and destroy humanity.

I loved this movie. Yes, it's campy, and a little predictable in places, but I don't care. Ron Pearlman is awesome as Hellboy, and John Hurt - well, they had me at hello with John Hurt, even though he's only there for the "prologue" to the movie. I'd watch him read the phone book and be happy with it. He's one of my favorite actors ever. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone who might want to watch this. I'll just say there is more going on there. Luv secrets and all that. ^_^

Onto other things! I finished cleaning up Chapter 4 of my Bites story last night. I was a bit tired when I closed Word, so I'm going to read over it one last time before I jet that one off to my CP tonight. Hopefully I won't come across anything that I've missed. I'm ready to start on that track to the ending.

Tonight, in continuation of the MMC anniversary celebration, we're hosting a chat tonight at the MMC chat room: www.midnightmooncafe.com/chat . Cassandra Curtis, Tempest Knight, and I will be there, and we hope you'll drop by to say hello! Prizes will be given out, and there will also be all the usual hi-jinks! ;) You don't want to miss this chat!

My contest from yesterday is still live. All you have to do to be entered to win is post between now and Friday at Midnight! Strangely enough I've received a couple of email entries for this, so I'm thinking what with the low participation, I'll give away a prize from email entries, and a prize from those posted directly. That way I can still give out two prize packs. If enough people enter, I'll toss in a third prize to sweeten the pot. Deal? Again, winners will be drawn at random Friday at midnight, so there's still time to enter.

That's it for me. I need to grab a bite to eat before the chat starts. I hope you all had a snazzy Thursday! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cora,

    I love Ron Pearlman. It's so weird to me how he looks better (at least to me) in his costumes than in his "real" face. But he's an amazing actor (remember him from the TV show "Beauty & the Beast"?)

    I haven't gotten to go see the movie yet but I plan to. I also want to see the new Will Smith movie, although I heard mixed reviews about it.

    Which "Bites" story are you submitting to CP? I've been hoping and waiting for you to do a sequel to "Wicked Temptation." :-)

    BTW--I got here from Leah Braemmel's blog (I think she mentioned an interview you did). In case you were interested, I blogged about Workaholism -Good or Bad? on www.michellelaurenbooks.wordpress.com

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! I love just about anything Ron Pearlman is in, and I agree - he does look better in makeup. ^_^

    I saw posters for the movie Hancock (Will Smith) but I'm not sure that one is out yet?? My Oldest wants to see it and we've promised to take him.

    The Bites story is a shifter story for Harlequin. I started on the sequel to Wicked Temptation, but haven't fleshed it out yet. I keep telling myself I'll go back to it, and I really need to. I'm not sure if CP would take it, though. They cut back on vampire stories to focus on the Vampire Oracle series for a while, didn't they??? I've been holding onto it until I can figure out what to do with it.

    I'm off to pay you a visit! I didn't realize you'd moved to wordpress. Gonna have to update my link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it as good as Beauty and the Beast? I'm stuck in Atlanta for the night. I could get out of my room and hunt down the cinema but I've called down for room service and paid for a night of internet so that probably won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it, Marley. It's not really in the same pasture as Beauty and the Beast, but it has a lot of interesting "story" to it. Know what I mean? It's a bit romancey too - which I like a lot in an action movie. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^